• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:56:35 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Hotlap Server (beta)

Started by dibu, August 18, 2015, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

ALIBASKINS from http://forum.motonline-france.com made a big present to Kartracing-Pro.  :)

The brand new KRP Hotlap/Bestlap server:
http://kartracing-pro.motonline-france.com/

The server is still beta but the GPBikes version http://gpbikes.motonline-france.com/ is running since long time and it's working fine.

Please help finding and reporting bugs. When everything works fine, other interested server hoster can use it to run their own hotlap challenges or simply record bestlaps.

The server is able to record bestlaps similar like the official KRP Stats page but you can also use all unregistered tracks and addon karts.

It is also possible to create weekly hotlap challenges with points for Fastest laptime, Theoretical best, Best 5 laps run, Highest speed and Most laps.

At the moment my "Hotlap-Pretest" server is connected and running a KZ1 (test) Hotlap-Event which ends at 2015-08-29 23:59:59.
If there is any interrest more test servers can be added.

McBidouille

Hi mate,

I'm quite often on your server and it works very fine. It really great to have some servers like this one. We only miss some more drivers to play with héhé...

Very nice present by the way!

dibu

I know there is not much action at the servers atm, maybe it was not the best time for starting this project. 

But wow, I'm impressed by Cory Hayes and your laptimes. At the weekend I'll hopefully find time to drive also some laps.

So far the Hotlap/Bestlap server seems to record properly. The Hotlap database had to be reset this morning because Alibaskins found a small bug in the code - that's what beta tests are for.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: dibu on August 19, 2015, 07:23:35 PM
I know there is not much action at the servers atm, maybe it was not the best time for starting this project. 

But wow, I'm impressed by Cory Hayes and your laptimes. At the weekend I'll hopefully find time to drive also some laps.

So far the Hotlap/Bestlap server seems to record properly. The Hotlap database had to be reset this morning because Alibaskins found a small bug in the code - that's what beta tests are for.

I still have more time to gain
::) 8) :P

dibu

Alibaskins's Hotlap/Bestlap server seems to run fine.  :)  Now it's time to add more servers.
There are not many users online atm, therefore it makes not much sense to add more of my servers for the test.
Maybe one of the actual hosters (DrivingItalia.NET, 8bitgamers.co.uk, AUS XGN.com.au) is interested??  8)

@VELOCIPEDE how about "DrivingItalia.NET #4" LaConca * and "DrivingItalia.NET #5" adria * ? Both tracks aren't registered in the official stats.  ;)

For interested dedicated server hosters:

What are the requirements for using the Hotlap/Bestlap server?
- a running dedicated server 
- a fixed public IP or if your public IP is dynamic you need a DNS name - simply use one of the (free) Dyn DNS services

What do I have to do for laptimes of my servers to show up in the "Best Lap" list?
- activate the [live] section in your dedicated.ini

[live]
enable = 1; 1 to enable live timing
port = xxxxx; the UDP port
password = yyyyyy

- open your Windows- and external-firewall for the choosen UDP port (xxxxx)
- if you are using a NAT router - add a port-forwarding (UDP) to your live-port(s)
- send a PM to ALIBASKINS and ask for adding your server(s). (Alibaskins has an account at KRP forum)
He needs your public IP or DNS name, your public live port(s) (xxxxx) and the password (yyyyy)

I want to run a "Hotlap Event", what else do I have to do?
- your server has to be already registered in the "Best Lap" list
- send a PM to Alibaskins and ask for a Hotlap Admin account.