• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Kart Racing Pro on Steam Greenlight

Started by PiBoSo, July 24, 2015, 01:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 28, 2015, 08:45:40 PM
Of course I vote too (despite I'm not really a KRP player), I think it's highly deserved.

But if your goal is to make the buzz for real, you'll have to do more than just asking here to vote for KRP.

MaX.

What would you suggest?

HornetMaX

Get in touch with sim-oriented web sites, with sim communities, with youtube channels about sim racing. Give them a free license to give KRP a try. That's a start.

I know it's not your style, but interviews where you (or someone from your team) appear in person could help too.

What you should ask here (on top of voting for KRP, already done) is to put you in touch with other communities that could relay the message. It could be anything from Kart clubs to national associations.

And one thing: again I know it's not your style (and for what matters, it's no mine neither) but if you want to promote KRP the 1st enthusiast must be you: the 1st post of this topic is shy, as if your product was not good. It is a good product, it is top notch. Don't be scared to say it out loud.

And good luck !

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 28, 2015, 10:31:25 PM
Get in touch with sim-oriented web sites, with sim communities, with youtube channels about sim racing. Give them a free license to give KRP a try. That's a start.

I know it's not your style, but interviews where you (or someone from your team) appear in person could help too.

What you should ask here (on top of voting for KRP, already done) is to put you in touch with other communities that could relay the message. It could be anything from Kart clubs to national associations.

And one thing: again I know it's not your style (and for what matters, it's no mine neither) but if you want to promote KRP the 1st enthusiast must be you: the 1st post of this topic is shy, as if your product was not good. It is a good product, it is top notch. Don't be scared to say it out loud.

And good luck !

MaX.

Several simracing websites already published a news about the Greenlight page, on their own ( they probably follow the Youtube channel, or this forum ).
It would surely be possible to make some marketing, but it's not really needed at the moment: KRP is already #10 in the Greenlight rank, of 1407 entries. And the percentage of "Yes" votes is 59%, compared to the 34% average of the other top 50 games.
So it's probably better to save the advertising for when it will really matter: the first "official" release.

https://www.youtube.com/v/x6BtyDL_o48

HornetMaX

Very glad to hear that KRP is doing fine on greenlight.

Even that (the current results) deserves a proper post here ! DON'T.BE.SHY.

MaX.

dibu

PiBoSo, MaX is right.
You're hiding yourself and your company too much. I've a business since 30+ years and in the beginning I had similar problems. If you are not able to do it yourself, let Snappe or someone else represent your company in public. Personal contacts are the most important aspects in business. Even if you don't want to spend much money for advertisement atm, be proud of your performance and let your potential customers know it.
Your work is not good, your work is excellent!!

Btw: nice video, I like Joe Cocker  :)

IceMan11

There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

IceMan11

So when it does come out on Steam, if you have bought the beta and have the game now, will you have to pay for it again on Steam when the full game comes out or whatever? Sorry if its a dumb question. Its been a while since I've been in here  ;D
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Taddzy

July 29, 2015, 08:03:03 PM #22 Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:05:32 PM by Max Tadd
piboso what these boys and men are saying is 100% correct. im always willing to help out with anything if you need it weather it is testing, vids, models, textures and more that could help get this sim out of the dark and out into the public where it belongs

when it comes to advertisement i can help you alot!! iv been going a fair bit for my kart club this year
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

PiBoSo

Quote from: IceMan11 on July 29, 2015, 07:51:51 PM
So when it does come out on Steam, if you have bought the beta and have the game now, will you have to pay for it again on Steam when the full game comes out or whatever? Sorry if its a dumb question. Its been a while since I've been in here  ;D

Same game allow to unlock a Steam game with a previously purchased key.
However, until integration is done, it's not possible to give a final answer.

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 29, 2015, 10:26:10 PM
I have some games migrate to steam, in some cases they are unlocked with the same key, in others cases I have got a new key for steam and the old key doesn't work anymore, in short I can play the game only thru steam

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on July 29, 2015, 10:36:58 PM
I have some games migrate to steam, in some cases they are unlocked with the same key, in others cases I have got a new key for steam and the old key doesn't work anymore, in short I can play the game only thru steam

For sure KRP will always be available as a standalone software, too. It wouldn't be serious for a professional software to require a third-party ( gaming ) platform.

Taddzy

Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 30, 2015, 12:07:56 AM
Quote from: oppolo on July 29, 2015, 10:36:58 PM

For sure KRP will always be available as a standalone software, too. It wouldn't be serious for a professional software to require a third-party ( gaming ) platform.

the choose is never forced, if the old key doesn't work anymore there is an advice, something like "be carefull, if you active the game on steam the standalone version key doesn't work anymore", so the choose standalone/steam is in my hands. I choose always the steam version because then all updates are automatic

HornetMaX

I think I've read on Steam that when a game is launched, the developer can ask steam any number of keys to give to people that have already purchased the stand-alone (pr-steam) version of the software.
That way anybody with a previous license can migrate to the steam version.

Not ideal if your goal is to rujn stand-alone, but at least you don't lose the license.

MaX.

PiBoSo