• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:06:05 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Poll: Do you drive karts in real life?

Started by aireisor, May 11, 2011, 01:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you drive karts in real life?

Yes
111 (87.4%)
No
16 (12.6%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Dan Buck

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

Dan Buck

got it...
im having my vacation by the end of november, thats why i asked, i could visit you and bring you that engine you want! :D

but you wont wait until november, right?! hahahah
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

iamrayman

KZ2 (Energy/VM)

Dabble with a Rotax occasionally too, to help the other drivers in my team.

Dan Buck

it's better if you buy 'em there... it's gonna be mega expensive if you're buying from here!
things here are too expensive!!! way over the 2.8k bucks (me's lol)
it would be something like a 3.5 to 4k a new one... you can have a cheaper one (like a VERY used engine) for about 2.5k! :(

Dan Buck

great shots! very nice track... where's that tuck in action that i saw in the other thread?! lol

James Beer

Quote from: EVO on August 21, 2012, 12:44:40 AM
wwe dont have them here. its alright ill survive without it.  I Went the track sunday and raced with Rotax senior (i was in a KT100).  it was soooo bad.  The seocnd race they merged senior, junior and me at the back because i was the only one with KT100.  I passed two junior rotax but then the little punks passed me on the straights.  One had a mechanical issue and the other spun off.  Passed him with one lap left.  So i finished 2nd to last.  Sucess for Yamaha. Btw this a very fast track, the yamaha can only keep pace in the tight sections

nice pictures mate, i have a junior rotax and they are quite fast considering they have no power valve, my junior trounces seniors where i go out of the corners they lag and bog down to much where as the juniors are ready and are fast straight out. also do you every time you go racing have to take your kart of that simulation jig thingy or is it a another kart?

Slimjim

This was the T A G senor class, I was using a Birel chassis / Rotax, the class was split, but most were on the Leopard. a few easykarts, but they were all slow.
yes, this is one of the most intense races ever, as you said, huge bumps, blind corners,
you never know who is sideways in the middle of the track when you come around the corner at 55 mph.
you really have to pay attention to the corner workers, and watch for the yellow flags, as your reaching 80+ at the end of the straight.
the year before 2003,  i started last, due to a DQ in qualy in the fuel test, Red line mixture was not allowed that year.  DUH.  I qualified 2nd
After a huge crash in T1 at the start, they red flagged the race and had a restart, i worked my way to 3rd before crashing on the last lap to finish 6th.

Slimjim

Rock Island  for the festival, and 1 big party.
the best place to meet and hang out with all the drivers in 1 place during the whole weekend.
but for track, it's really hard. the toughest track i have been to is the Xplex in Las Vegas. no longer there from what i hear.
2 major sweepers pulling over 3 G's a real neck stretcher. I wish i have had the chance to do some driving in the UK,
as they have some really nice and historical karting tracks. but my favorite track is US Air Motor Speedway in Shawano, Wisconsin.
a few laps around the track and you will see why... this track needs to be made for sim racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIp6Y479F4

Kimzu97

August 22, 2012, 11:33:47 AM #39 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:41:08 AM by Kimzu97
Quote from: Slimjim on August 22, 2012, 04:20:26 AM
Rock Island  for the festival, and 1 big party.
the best place to meet and hang out with all the drivers in 1 place during the whole weekend.
but for track, it's really hard. the toughest track i have been to is the Xplex in Las Vegas. no longer there from what i hear.
2 major sweepers pulling over 3 G's a real neck stretcher. I wish i have had the chance to do some driving in the UK,
as they have some really nice and historical karting tracks. but my favorite track is US Air Motor Speedway in Shawano, Wisconsin.
a few laps around the track and you will see why... this track needs to be made for sim racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIp6Y479F4
Awesome track, must be a real joy to drive! :o
By the way is XPlex still in use? Because in Google Earth it looks like it's abandoned.
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

LauZzZn

Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Slimjim

Last i heard they were going to replace Xplex with a Heli port.
last time i was there was 2004 for the US Rotax Nationals. started 28th, finished 10th

maxrod

Would be good to see some of these tracks built for krp

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Eslotes

August 24, 2012, 07:03:58 AM #44 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:10:54 AM by Eslotes
Birel KZ2 Pavesi
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.