• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:33:57 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Information

Started by MRO, June 01, 2015, 12:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRO

our team is purchasing a couple of MC5.. (don't know when because slow to arrive)
when I've one in hand I'll start
my method is to take dozens of measures, notes with pencil and photos, then work on 3d..
online there are just a couple of promo.

but first of all must finish the Mojo set, from pictures they seem with corner because of a texture junction problem between smoothing groups.. actually it's only the tex
but no time to correct

and first of all the Rotax engine: 99% but made with V-ray materials and now all to be converted for KRP

sorry to ask again:
as you know I'm not everyday in the forum: could you plese suggest how to release the edf sets?
any preference?
Mauro

MRO

infact.. the AIM tech advised me last mid 2013 of the new MyChron project: they started working in 2012 or 2013.. over three years and of work: but I think it'll be really revolutionary.
Their purpose is to do better than Starlane.
Mauro

LiamHatton

Does your Rotax engines have a custom sound or just the default from KRP?   ::)

MRO

yes, now trying to make an exe file to apply all mod
Rotax Max original sounds
but for phy and some areas working with Corrie, who is busy in this moment
Mauro

blake_hunt

Quote from: MRO on June 08, 2015, 09:16:26 AM
infact.. the AIM tech advised me last mid 2013 of the new MyChron project: they started working in 2012 or 2013.. over three years and of work: but I think it'll be really revolutionary.
Their purpose is to do better than Starlane.

Yea, I just talked to him last weekend. He said their going to have wireless stuff, sounds like it's going to take advantage of some of the new technology.
Kartsport FA - Rok/X30 Senior - Mooresville, NC

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

Hugo Hernandez

The rotax are EVO or not?

Birel-Rotax 42

Hugo Hernandez

MRO

both: I'm making also EVO together with Corrie and thanks to his request.
Even if I underline that EVO is a "toilet with wheels".

NOTE:
sorry to disappoint your enthusiasm, but this is the technical true.
If starts a polemic I'll post privately the rpm / induction coil output and duration curve: the new "EVOlution" is just an engine studied by producer "to avoid the return in factory of too many engines under warranty".
So they limited the true power output at 12,500 rpm, with the tricky to increase full rpm to 14,650, so guys think that "the engine is more powerful, just looking at instrument"..
actually the truth is that between 12,500 and 14,200 the output increase is ZERO, and only a very small gain after 14,300 rpm to 14,500.. only if you really reach such rpm value in optimal condition (fluent increase of acceleration without "holes"), which is very rare if not in very long straight circuit parts.
Anyhow it'd be a wasting time effort, because the gain should be really minimum.
Did you ask yourself why they tried to limit the "old" 2014 engine? I tell you (I was in circuit last December for testing): because the 2014 (if you're able to make a good setup) has higher performance.
At end of championship we've meeting to discuss what to do with 2016.. for the moment I'm purchasing all the fresh 2014 available for my team to prepare for 2016 champ.
EVO seems to be a tricky and we spent half year for tech testing (also with Aprilia techs, who well know Rotax, like in karting): sorry if I "must be" always crude but frank.
Mauro

Marco Dakic

Quote from: MRO on June 12, 2015, 05:39:11 PM
both: I'm making also EVO together with Corrie and thanks to his request.
Even if I underline that EVO is a "toilet with wheels".

NOTE:
sorry to disappoint your enthusiasm, but this is the technical true.
If starts a polemic I'll post privately the rpm / induction coil output and duration curve: the new "EVOlution" is just an engine studied by producer "to avoid the return in factory of too many engines under warranty".
So they limited the true power output at 12,500 rpm, with the tricky to increase full rpm to 14,650, so guys think that "the engine is more powerful, just looking at instrument"..
actually the truth is that between 12,500 and 14,200 the output increase is ZERO, and only a very small gain after 14,300 rpm to 14,500.. only if you really reach such rpm value in optimal condition (fluent increase of acceleration without "holes"), which is very rare if not in very long straight circuit parts.
Anyhow it'd be a wasting time effort, because the gain should be really minimum.
Did you ask yourself why they tried to limit the "old" 2014 engine? I tell you (I was in circuit last December for testing): because the 2014 (if you're able to make a good setup) has higher performance.
At end of championship we've meeting to discuss what to do with 2016.. for the moment I'm purchasing all the fresh 2014 available for my team to prepare for 2016 champ.
EVO seems to be a tricky and we spent half year for tech testing (also with Aprilia techs, who well know Rotax, like in karting): sorry if I "must be" always crude but frank.

True but difficult, we got a lot of Experience in all classes from Micro to DD2, in Regional and also in the Euro Challenge, the Charubeator is tricky to setup, the Ignation system is better, we got with the Junior Max 15,100 RPM for Senior 15,300, but if you miss the jet only a bit wrong you will loose 1000 RPM. Yes the Power is not very big in this high RPM thats true.
3D Modeling :D

MRO

yes Marco.. the higher rpm is just the tricky to make guys believe that the engine is more powerful:
we've prove of that..
actually their decision came after two years in which the returned engines during first year of guarantee where too many and becoming a problem for them
and this was happening in last two years because of a previous decision to make many parts outside, entrusting external producers.

Now they had two chances:
- to bring all production inside again (to keep their standard high quality as before)
- to do something to avoid engine problems
and the choice at the moment seems to be the second.

This is why they:
- worked to limit power over a medium low range (12,500) even if gave higher rpm (official should be 14,600, but can reach 15,000): but the power gain is just over 14,100 / 14,200 and JUST A VERY LITTLE BIT
- worked on electric part and cables to keep all under their strict control (see also starter)
- closed the carb, just to limit the levels adjust (which is the way to setup in Max) putting them just to standard, and only one needle, one min jet.. (you know how many hours spent to find the top internal carb setup race by race)
- changed the exhaust valve from manual to auto for similar reason

of course they had to add something better than before (the ignition, in part).. because people is not stupid and could become angry

practically they are trying to sell a safe engine, but "safe for their interest", stuidied in way that every newbie can use it without creating financial losses to producer with guarantee:
but as I always said them (also in past)
"the long duration philosophy never matches with racing philosophy": they made a very good base which could be developed, but instead of improving they tried a performance involution "just for commercial decision".

hope (and correct way) and our suggestion is:
"make two engines:
- one for racing purpose / and improved starting from the high power at low revs (which makes Max a good base to work: there'd be dozens of modifies to study)
- one for Sunday and not racing guys, which can correctly follow their safety and longest duration philosophy

Personally we are always in Rotax and KF, but now looking also at new Super Rok world.. (where this correct strategy was recently well interpreted with Vortex professional and commercial courage).

Sorry for my long essay: where are you from? I can show the Rotax Aprilia tech analysis which I discussed on our Max Evo engine
Mauro

Marco Dakic

Thanks, yes what you say is 100% correct.

Iam from Germany, yeah i would be proud to see the Analysis.
3D Modeling :D

MRO

please Marco send me your private mail address by PM so I'll send you data
Mauro