• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:46:06 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Grand Junction track in Colorado

Started by Norseman, April 25, 2015, 05:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norseman

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here and just wanted to introduce myself. I just registered to this group because I've agree to lend support to a young kart racer by providing him full simulator support (I build custom simulators), and yesterday I tested out the current demo of KRP. I was very impressed with it, so I'll be upgrading to the full license and I'm hoping to test out some of the US tracks currently available, like Dallas. Our immediate need is for Grand Junction in Colorado, but it looks like there hasn't been any work done on this track yet. I currently use a number of track builders to create tracks for me, and I know we can gather GPS data to get this track built in probably 30 days or less. My question is, would there be anyone interested in getting this track created for their own use and would be willing to help with the expense? I have one track builder who would do very this quickly, and very accurately for around $300. It is a reasonable price to me, especially since most ACCURATE tracks built for free can take a great deal longer. So let me know if any of you US kart racers would be interested in this.

Thanks!

Jack

Birel-Rotax 42

I've spoken with Stacey Cook about the creation of the circuit. He has offered GPS data (GJMS is a local circuit, so I have created it out of interest, not motivated by money) but he hasn't gotten back to me with any information. If you can supply GPS data, I can have the circuit finished before the US Open dates.

Norseman

That would be great. I'll check with my associate who said he can get the GPS data. Btw, did you release the Mini Max mod for KRP? I ran across an older post where you were talking about doing that, but I haven't found where it can be downloaded.

Jack

Birel-Rotax 42

There is an all-inclusive package done for Beta 12, but unfortunately my school work has taken precedence over the development of the Rotax as of now. Work will begin shortly when all of the final grades have been submitted but for now the Rotax is only available on Beta 12. However, I have been in contact with Mauro about many more pieces to the mod and we made good progress during January/February.

Norseman

Since I haven't heard back from him, it looks like Corrie may be too busy to get this track done before the race at Grand Junction in June, so is there anyone else who might be interested in helping with this track project? Let me know because we now have GPS data.

Birel-Rotax 42

It looks like I didn't recive a PM from anyone for the last couple of months. Try resending it.

Norseman

OK, I just tried it again, but really I just need your email addy so I can send you the GPS files. But I just realized what the heck, just attach them here... So here's everything our contact in Colorado sent us. These GPS files are from when he ran there a couple of years ago as I understand it. Let me know if you need anything else like texture help ok Corrie?

Norseman

Here's some more files he sent us... But not all are under the 1024 limit this forum has though. So let me know if you need anything else, maybe some of what was sent to me can just be emailed to you.

blake_hunt

Quote from: Amargorojo on June 29, 2015, 09:21:57 PM
im thinking about going to montreal in june this year for the canadian grand prix with a bunch of friends

Relevant how?
Kartsport FA - Rok/X30 Senior - Mooresville, NC

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

Taddzy

Quote from: Amargorojo on June 29, 2015, 09:21:57 PM
im thinking about going to montreal in june this year for the canadian grand prix with a bunch of friends

hahahahahahaha who ever this is, there being one hell of a joker
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/