• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:42:20 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Tyre Temperatures Beta12/13

Started by dibu, April 08, 2015, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

Starting with beta 12 I've a problem to understand the relation between tyre pressure and the resulting temperatures.
Until beta 11 it was clear, lower pressure = lower temperatures but now it seems to be different.

An extreme example is driving at the Velodrom Oval. After two or three laps the tyres overheat (100°+ Celsius), doesn't matter which tyre pressure I choose. With beta 11 there was no problem runnung 20 laps.

Also at other tracks e.g. Kecskmet I can't find settings which stop overheating.

All my test were done with KZ1 karts.

Cory_Hayes

The problem of your tyres over heating is obviously not pressures then, it is your driving ( Not saying you are a bad driver)  or you setup.
For example, Matthew Mclean ( arguably the fastest person ever on KRP) basically never has problems with over heating his tyres, due to his smooth driving style and he makes near to no mistakes and his tyres stay at a very good temperature so 10/10 of his laps will be fast. How ever I am on average 0.4 slower than him at most tracks, running nearly an identical setup  and my driving style is much more agressive which results in being able to do roughly 5 good laps out of 10 laps because I push the kart a bit too far, so to answer your question, change bits off your setup, depending on which tyres are over heating ( front to back, left to right). I hope this is some way answers your questions and can help you out.

dibu

Hehe, no problem, I know that Matthew Mclean and you are faster than me. ;)

But please can you do me a favour and drive some laps at VELODROM?
Let me know about your experiences with tyre temperatures. If you want to test my setup - no problem.
Thanks.

Cory_Hayes

I would drive the track, but I don't have it + the site that has all the tracks on it doesn't work for me, if you could send me a private message with the links to stuff, I will test it in the morning and get back to you on it.

dibu

April 08, 2015, 07:29:02 PM #4 Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:52:20 PM by dibu
Do you mean my track download site? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s32hw0r6yc5av0f/AAAnCS-Fc5GmW-M0POZtc5K6a/KRP%20Tracks?dl=0
If you can't download from Dropbox, I can upload the track to MediaFire.

Edit:
Here the MediaFire link for VELODROM:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ig8r41a2hahva9v

dibu

April 11, 2015, 01:56:46 PM #5 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:02:53 PM by dibu
Quote from: Cory_Hayes on April 08, 2015, 07:23:55 PM
I would drive the track, but I don't have it + the site that has all the tracks on it doesn't work for me, if you could send me a private message with the links to stuff, I will test it in the morning and get back to you on it.

Did you already find time to run some test laps? I'm really interested what you find out about the temperatures. I've sent you my setup in PM.

PS:
Did the MediaFire link of my previous post work for you?
Is there a general problem downloading from my Dropbox?