• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:32:34 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Why the filename doesnt appear in game menu?

Started by composite.wave, March 17, 2015, 02:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

composite.wave

I've painted a 2nd version of my design.  I added it to 4 locations:

Kart Racing Pro\karts\b-kc1\paints\
    Kart Racing Pro\karts\b-kc3\paints\
    Kart Racing Pro\karts\b-ks1\paints\
    k' r' p'\bodyworks\paints\fl

In the game kart choice the file name doesn't appear, a number appears and if I choose the number the painted kart appears.

iVersOne

In photoshop don't forget to disable the wireframe layer ;)

Chiimpus

Hey,

Firstly, the only place you need to save your paint is into  (krp\bodyworks\paints\fl) folder, you will then be able to get the paint whenever you use that chassis, you do not need to put it into the other locations

Also, when you are packing up your paint file with painted, make sure you put a name in the box at the bottom before packing, as this is the name that appears in the game rather than the actual file name

Hope this helps!

Marco Dakic

Quote from: Chiimpus on March 17, 2015, 08:43:26 PM
Hey,

Firstly, the only place you need to save your paint is into  (krp\bodyworks\paints\fl) folder, you will then be able to get the paint whenever you use that chassis, you do not need to put it into the other locations

Also, when you are packing up your paint file with painted, make sure you put a name in the box at the bottom before packing, as this is the name that appears in the game rather than the actual file name

Hope this helps!

Yes that is sure the problem
3D Modeling :D

composite.wave

Firstly thanks for the tips.  Yes when packing up painted I have left the described box for file empty.  I thought it was more important to name the file after I pressed the pack button.  I'll redo the packings asap.

As for the wireframe I like it.  It gives the kart a nice extra effect in dimensioning.  I've positioned it so the decals and back bumper are above the w'f' layer.