• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:54:54 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

ks1 brake

Started by oppolo, May 05, 2011, 09:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

in your opinion aren't they too weak? hardly i lock the tyres

Stark

With 100% force they are way to strong. I drive with 57 % on front brakes otherwise I lock them up to easily. Rear brakes around 77- 80 %. 
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

oppolo

Quote from: Stark on May 06, 2011, 12:12:16 AM
With 100% force they are way to strong. I drive with 57 % on front brakes otherwise I lock them up to easily. Rear brakes around 77- 80 %.

mmm i use balance 50% and force 100%

how you can set front power 57%  and rear power 80% ?

i'm speaking about KS1, not KC1

Aritz

In the setup section, ingame

Stark

Hmm ok.. I thought you meant KF1. I get confused with all this made up names. Cant we all just use their real names in the future? KZ1, KF1 and KF3.
I havent touched the brakes on the KZ1. I think they feel good.  :) 
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

oppolo

Quote from: Stark on May 06, 2011, 04:04:33 PM
Hmm ok.. I thought you meant KF1. I get confused with all this made up names. Cant we all just use their real names in the future? KZ1, KF1 and KF3.
I havent touched the brakes on the KZ1. I think they feel good.  :)

wait, i'm not in the real karting, so
KZ1=KS1 in krp
KF1=KC1
KF3=KC3

for the brake, i explain better

KF3, it's easy to lock rear wheels and the engine could stall, so, with 100% of power i use about 1\2, 3\4 of my brake pedal and i have also to put a little gas for to evoid engine stall

KF1, like KF3 for rear brake, for front brake i use the right paddle of my G25, so i have a digital control and not analogic, i have to set about 70, 75% of power for to evoid a too easy lock of front tyres, smooth 0, release 0, i tried to set some smooth but it disturb me that the power in the brakes comes later

KZ1, i push the brake pedal to the floor and tyres lock only sometimes and later, i would like to have the same braking, indeed more than KF1 and KF3, but i can't. repeat, i use 100% power and about 50% balance

do other people feels like me?

Stark

"KZ1=KS1 in krp KF1=KC1, KF3=KC3" Correct  :)
JP- Racing

oppolo

i'm going on to feel that the brakes of ks1 are to weak because hardly i lock the tyres, it' seems that brakes of kc3 and kc1 are stronger.

how are the brakes of a real ks1=kz1 in comparison to the kc3, kc1's ones?

Aritz

May 23, 2011, 12:51:37 AM #9 Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:58:47 AM by Aritz
Quote from: oppolo on May 23, 2011, 12:27:24 AM
i'm going on to feel that the brakes of ks1 are to weak because hardly i lock the tyres, it' seems that brakes of kc3 and kc1 are stronger.

rear the same + front brakes in pedal (stronger)

something is wrong with your game control/setup/computer  ???

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on May 23, 2011, 12:51:37 AM
Quote from: oppolo on May 23, 2011, 12:27:24 AM

rear the same + front brakes in pedal (stronger)

something is wrong with your game control/setup/computer  ???

stronger, as i supposed

i have tried in another pc and with keybord, all conditions equal
- brake power 100
- tyre compound soft
- in ks1 bias 50
with kc1 and kc3 tyres are locked soon after the press of the key, in ks1 not, only in the last part of braking they lock

Aritz

you have to think that ks1 has only one pedal for 4 wheels to block. we don't block the wheels ever in real world (only in extreme braking or in mistakes) If you want to block, you have to press the pedal strongly (Spirit/Birel have very strong brakes and is a lot easier, I don't like those brakes at all!)

Today I will play Beta3 for the first time and of course, I will try the "new" KS1. Then I will be able to answer you in the right way ;)

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on May 23, 2011, 10:18:01 AM
- you have to think that ks1 has only one pedal for 4 wheels to block. we don't block the wheels ever in real world (only in extreme braking or in mistakes) If you want to block, you have to press the pedal strongly (Spirit/Birel have very strong brakes and is a lot easier, I don't like those brakes at all!)

- Today I will play Beta3 for the first time and of course, I will try the "new" KS1. Then I will be able to answer you in the right way ;)

- the "pedal stronger", for a g25 is to push the pedal at ...i don't know in english and google doesn't help me, to the metal, understand?
and while in kc1 and kc3 i can't because the tyres are soon locked, in ks1 i can very well, i prefer kc1 kc3 braking because i have to modulate (i don't know if it is the right word) the braking

- think about, i am so used to shift up with the beta2 in a certain way, that i don't feel any change  :D, waiting for your impressions  ;)

Aritz

I tried KS1 and you are right somehow; the brakes are a little weak. Is not a problem at all, but there is no way to block them (unnecessary by the way)

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on May 30, 2011, 06:36:13 PM
I tried KS1 and you are right somehow; the brakes are a little weak. Is not a problem at all, but there is no way to block them (unnecessary by the way)

right, when i brake ks1 i push the brake pedal at the bottom all time, for me it is not so real, it's like gtr2 by default  :'(