• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:04:34 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Newbie gas question

Started by owenxguo, January 03, 2015, 11:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenxguo

I'v been doing auto racing for long time and recently bought myself a kart and thinking of playing with kart from now on. What I have is a Kosmic 125cc shifter with Rotax, the guy who I bought it from told me to use 100 octane race gas mix with 2 cycle oil, but since I do lots racing on my car and normally with higher octane gas left(like 114 and 120 leaded), I was wondering can I use with the higher octane gas or have to be 100 oct? Also any suggestion on gas/oil mix ratio if just doing lap days and wants to keep the motor last longer?

Thanks and happy racing

Taddzy

i do know if your racing at a high level that the fuels are controlled!! as higher octane fuel as far as i can remember will give a bigger explosion meaning more power but i think i am right in saying can cause more wear on the engine meaning that rebuilds will be more frequent
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

owenxguo

I thought so too, because on my track car I normally go higher octane to make motor running more reliable, but when i asked one of my kart friend, he said no, that kind confused me so I am asking here.