• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:10:51 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

A suggestion from me

Started by Robin Mayer, January 01, 2015, 01:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Mayer

Hey PiBoSo,

now I got fun with KRP for a half year and I just love it but we all now that it's hard to find a fair online race without joining the league. The first thing is that we need a penalty system for crashes.

But I think much more important is that the one who host the dedicated server can decide if he wants that karts can get broken or loosing spoilers and so on.
I you could setting this it would be great because ofen the chassis is broken because of a little touch.

And yes I know it's a simulation and no fun game but this could make onlineplaying out of leagues and maybe in leagues too more fun.

+1 If you think that would be great

Sorry for my bad english and happy new year to all!

Greets Robin

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

JesusRB

Quote from: RobinMa on January 01, 2015, 01:07:57 PM
Hey PiBoSo,

now I got fun with KRP for a half year and I just love it but we all now that it's hard to find a fair online race without joining the league. The first thing is that we need a penalty system for crashes.

But I think much more important is that the one who host the dedicated server can decide if he wants that karts can get broken or loosing spoilers and so on.
I you could setting this it would be great because ofen the chassis is broken because of a little touch.

And yes I know it's a simulation and no fun game but this could make onlineplaying out of leagues and maybe in leagues too more fun.

+1 If you think that would be great

Sorry for my bad english and happy new year to all!

Greets Robin
+1
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

Birel-Rotax 42

It is already possible to disable damage, but both server and client must have the change installed.

Robin Mayer

Quote from: DRkarter97 on January 01, 2015, 04:36:06 PM
I agree with the ability to make karts with no damage but but that would cause issues with people driving even harder then they would normally because they're is no risk of damage. As for penalties for contact would just get annoying, much of kart racing is small bumping and rubbing and a blind penalty system would ruin that especially with net code being what it is, it would cause more issues then it would solve. What would work better is if people just stopped driving like idiots and drove within the limits of the game.

Oke i agree but we need a penalty sytem. I think not even the SKWC would work with more than 20 drivers.

Birel-Rotax 42

SKWC races have 22 drivers on average and it works fine.

Xander Clements

Quote from: RobinMa on January 01, 2015, 10:05:35 PM
Quote from: DRkarter97 on January 01, 2015, 04:36:06 PM
I agree with the ability to make karts with no damage but but that would cause issues with people driving even harder then they would normally because they're is no risk of damage. As for penalties for contact would just get annoying, much of kart racing is small bumping and rubbing and a blind penalty system would ruin that especially with net code being what it is, it would cause more issues then it would solve. What would work better is if people just stopped driving like idiots and drove within the limits of the game.

Oke i agree but we need a penalty sytem. I think not even the SKWC would work with more than 20 drivers.
I'd much rather have a fixed/enhanced/better netcode system than a penalty system at this point. This game is far behind every sim in the online department not for having a penalty system but for having far too much online lag. Not to mention the fact that you can only see 12 karts at a time.

Robin Mayer

How can it work when 22 deivers are on the track but only 12 are viewable.

And drkarter of course but there are people (i dont want to say names) that will never drive clean.