• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:44:50 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Difference and a Description Between KF and KFJ

Started by Myles Rowe Top Kart #6, December 31, 2014, 05:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

I get confused a little bit about the things that are different about KF and KFJ. I also want to know a little more about them. The only thing I know is that KF goes faster.
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

Birel-Rotax 42

KF1 (which is no longer raced in international championships) is an engine built by many different manufacturers in accordance to guidelines set by the CIK/FIA for displacement, carbeuration, power, and other variables. These variables include a 16,000rpm limiter in the coil (similar to a Rotax/Iame rev limiter) and the usage of a power valve. KF, which is the official class raced in international championships, is of the same specification, but uses a "medium" compound tire, is 5kg heavier (maybe I am confusing KZ1 and KZ2, so it could be 5kg lighter) and has a rev limiter at 15,000 instead of 16,000. That is the only difference. KFJ (known as KF3 before 2012) is an engine built by many different manufacturers in accordance to guidelines set by the CIK/FIA for all of the above. It has a 14,000rpm rev limiter and weighs less. It uses a less sticky compound of tire than KF does, and uses no power valve, but does include a silencer on the pipe. KF and KFJ are comparable to their predecessors, of which are the ICA and JICA, and ICC is attributed to the KZ category. KF and KFJ are probably the most competitive fields out there on the international level at the World Championships, with 80+ drivers attempting to gain entry to the final. KF also uses a hand brake on the front wheels independent of the master cylinder. The master cylinder for the front brakes is encased in the hand brake, attached to the steering wheel/column.

In KRP, the karts are set to the rules of 2011, where KF1 was the primary Senior category on the international level, and KF3 was the Junior category. The new karts for KFJ are 5kg lighter than in-game, and the KF has a 15,000rpm limit as opposed to the KF1 limit of 16,000. Along with that, the tires on the KF kart are set only to "medium" compound. (I have made a mod for this with new models for engine manufacturers)

Essentially, a KF and KFJ are one in the same, similar to how a Rotax MiniMax is the same as a Rotax Senior, just restricted more and with a power valve added to the head.

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

Sincerely,

Myles Rowe