• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:31 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Server for playing with KI

Started by Robin Mayer, May 29, 2016, 12:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Mayer

Hello Forum,

I'm back at Kartracing Pro now. Some of you maybe remeber me for things like the RKS Analyzer tool or paints. As I downloaded Kartracing Pro again and played some rounds I thought about how nice it would be to have some KI players for more fun offline because most of the time there is nobody online.

So I thought about online driving works. My "plan" was it to create a server which sends the position and direction to the game and the game creates a kart at this point. In this way a KI would be possible. Then you need a program which sends new position datas every 10 ms to the "server" and I wanted to write it. But how can I send this data from a server to the KRP game? I know this seems impossible but I thought if people managed to get direct data for data analysis from the game you can also send on of them. Could anybody help me with that?

Maybe I'm totally stupid and maybe I think completly wrong but I think that this could be a nice addon.

So if anybody, who knows how the servers and game works at this way would help me we could do a cooperating project.

As always sorry for my english. :)

Greets Robin Mayer

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

PiBoSo

Quote from: Robin Mayer on May 29, 2016, 12:23:39 PM
Hello Forum,

I'm back at Kartracing Pro now. Some of you maybe remeber me for things like the RKS Analyzer tool or paints. As I downloaded Kartracing Pro again and played some rounds I thought about how nice it would be to have some KI players for more fun offline because most of the time there is nobody online.

So I thought about online driving works. My "plan" was it to create a server which sends the position and direction to the game and the game creates a kart at this point. In this way a KI would be possible. Then you need a program which sends new position datas every 10 ms to the "server" and I wanted to write it. But how can I send this data from a server to the KRP game? I know this seems impossible but I thought if people managed to get direct data for data analysis from the game you can also send on of them. Could anybody help me with that?

Maybe I'm totally stupid and maybe I think completly wrong but I think that this could be a nice addon.

So if anybody, who knows how the servers and game works at this way would help me we could do a cooperating project.

As always sorry for my english. :)

Greets Robin Mayer

It took me a while to understand that KI is deutsch for AI  :)
Unfortunately at the moment it's not possible for external programs to send data to KRP, especially for a complex feature like creating and move karts.

Robin Mayer

Sry I didnt thought about that.

But maybe Krp could move karts by Position datas from an textfile?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna