• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:12:47 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

I want to say sorry for what happening in the winter cup

Started by Robin Mayer, December 28, 2014, 11:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Mayer

Hello Guys,

maybe you were on the server too and had expected a nice event but it went wrong and now I want to say sorry. I thought that I am good at organizing races but I never though that there were so many people on the server! At one time there were about 20 people and I lost the control. I don't know how it works at the SKWC with so many drivers but I really respect the organizers of that.

So I hope you can forgive me. It was my fault. But maybe you could give me some tips for a new event and what I did wrong.

Greets Robin

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

Tr!st@n

FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Alexander Kirkwood

don't criticize other people for cheating when you cut every lap?

it was a good event apart from certain people that decided that on every restart they would load everyone off.

rant over

Robin Mayer

Quote from: Alexander Kirkwood on December 29, 2014, 12:17:18 AM
don't criticize other people for cheating when you cut every lap?

it was a good event apart from certain people that decided that on every restart they would load everyone off.

rant over

I'm sorry

Alexander Kirkwood

Robin Mayer

Quote from: Alexander Kirkwood on December 29, 2014, 12:31:09 AM
apology accepted dude but its not all your fault.

The next cup I will organize will be with heats so that the is a 5 man race at the end!

Marco Dakic

Why 5 man race ? 12 Players are the Limit for make all works perfect
3D Modeling :D

Robin Mayer

Quote from: Marco Dakic on December 29, 2014, 12:47:51 AM
Why 5 man race ? 12 Players are the Limit for make all works perfect

I don't know mate. But actually I now that 15 are too many :D

Marco Dakic

12 is the Limit of Viewable Karts also with 12 its no problem
3D Modeling :D

Robin Mayer

Quote from: Marco Dakic on December 29, 2014, 12:51:30 AM
12 is the Limit of Viewable Karts also with 12 its no problem

How can a championship like SKWC be so clean?

Tr!st@n

They have the right drivers and kick the ones that make chaos.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

A_Rylance40

All of the drivers in SKWC are in a teamspeak server together, meaning we can all communicate with each other easily. Also, they have a very structured race format and the people who run the race know what they are doing. And like Tristan said, only the clean drivers are allowed to race. 

Xander Clements

All I can say is sorry to you Robin. Running a race, series, or league as a whole is a hard thing to do in itself and I must imagine it was stressful for you doing it alone and for the first time. As for how SKWC does it, you all our free to join our forums page on our website at http://skwcracing.wix.com/ . We have another race on January 17th and testing in between.

Like Adam said above me, we mandate that all drivers be on our TeamSpeak 3 Server for races to communicate to our drivers. The voice channel is muted for all drivers except the admins, so no bashing can go on, but the admins can still relay messages. Now as we are getting higher turnouts, we have to limit each session to the 12 driver viewable limit. We have everyone spaced out in qualifying where you get 5 laps to run the best you can, and the admins send people out in groups of 5-6 until those 5 laps are over, and then another 5-6 drivers come and drive. Then, the even-numbered results, (2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.) race in Heat 2, while the odd-numbered results drivers (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc) race in Heat 1. The top 5 drivers advance from the heats directly into the A-Main, and the next 6 drivers to the B-Main. In the B-Main, also known as Last-Chance-Qualifier (LCQ), the top 2 finishers advance into the A-Main to make a 12 man final. The results from 3rd on back in the B-Main dictate points for 13th on back.

It's a bit complicated this season due to our high entries, and requires a LOT of work that goes unnoticed. I'd be more willing to do more races and events on Kart Racing Pro if we could expand our community of racers, which again, goes back to joining our forums at http://skwcracing.wix.com/home and being active on them. They are just starting out, but we can moderate who is on them and who is not to keep the community nice, as for example Hugo and JesusRB are permanently banned for acting like fools.

Cheers,

Xander

Birel-Rotax 42

Xander speaks the truth. You can't just create a championship out of the blue. Not only is a server computer (in a server farm, not your laptop sitting next to you) but you also need to have an internet connection like none other. This requires thought and most of all, money. The only reason SKWC has flourished is because we have a community of racers who want to make the racing better by donating to the server to fund upgrades to hardware and internet bandwidth. Running a large series has pieces that go unnoticed, which is why every other league on KRP has either failed or disbanded within the first 3 races. I am all for new racers and new leagues, but please understand the requirements and work needed to grow that league. We have had 3 people working to maintain the series over the last 2 years, and the work that they/we have put in has been astounding. All I can say is good luck, and sorry about having to deal with immature drivers in a serious league.