• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:38:53 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Superkart?

Started by Tr!st@n, December 21, 2014, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tr!st@n

Hey guys,
just wanted to ask if the superkart will be a public thing? Because i just saw 2 Servers in the stats with the category "SUPERKART". I only know the 250 International engine mod.
Cheers, Tristan
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Birel-Rotax 42

I would imagine that is is a super kart... If it hasn't been announced as public, I wouldn't think it to become public.

Tr!st@n

I mean, it is also a SKWC server that has that.

Birel-Rotax 42

Relevance? SKWC is a private and privately owned league.

Alexander Kirkwood

can someone link me to the 250 international cant seem to find it.

Tr!st@n

December 22, 2014, 12:03:24 AM #5 Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:12:39 AM by Tr!st@n
Seems like im not allowed to use the direct link, so look at this topic: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=4444.msg34922#msg34922

Birel-Rotax 42

Are you sure you are permitted to distribute the link to a private and paid-for mod?

Tr!st@n

Its just a mod where the engine files of kz1 are changed, and it was used by other members in the past: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=4444.msg34922#msg34922      Its not a real superkart mod.

Birel-Rotax 42

Again, are you sure you are permitted to distribute a mod that 1) isn't yours and 2) was not intended for public release?

Taddzy

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on December 22, 2014, 01:01:48 AM
Again, are you sure you are permitted to distribute a mod that 1) isn't yours and 2) was not intended for public release?

tristan corrie is correct!! if the mod is within skwc it doesn't mean the whole community will get it!!! u cant dictate of the mod  is shared and because if that your fighting a losing battle
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Tr!st@n

It is not the mod that was used on the servers today. Also, if other members made the link public before, i think i can do that too if i say that it is not mine. I could also use the link to the topic where the direct link is, but does this make a difference? I did not make something public that wasnt public before.

Birel-Rotax 42

It wasn't meant to be public in the first place.  Why would it be morally correct for a paid mod to be released for free?

Tr!st@n

How should i guess or know, if other members use the link? I mean i changed it now, i only show the topic where the link is.

Alexander Kirkwood

I don't see what Tristan has done wrong here, if other modders have realeased it then he is simply pointing me in the right direction.

Birel-Rotax 42

The person who gave out the link isn't a modder. A single person did the mod and they don't want it distributed. End of story. That is something that people get taken to court over. The only reason the Rotax mod is allowed to be distributed on Driving Italia is because I gave permission.