• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:13:13 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Whilton Mill Track for KRP?

Started by rt45433, December 10, 2014, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt45433

Hi there,

I am due to do some training at Whilton Mill Circuit in the UK in Buckingham has anyone got an up to date version of this track. Its a well know track so would be great to be used on KRP. Please PM me if anyone has a private version that I can pay for unless there is also a public one available.

I have attached a plan of the circuit.

sam19

have you had a look on the database? im sure its on there?

my team is based at whilton mill, what will you be racing in? were testing there on the 29th of december next in TKM x30 and rotax

sam

LauZzZn

If you take a look at the media section youll find a video of whilton mill, a current version I am working on. I plan to release it with B12
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

rt45433

Hi Sam,

I won't be racing in anything just yet. I have never competed with karts (done some super stock 600cc bike racing in the past)

I have looked into going through all of the courses they offer for karting at Whilton Mill track and they offer 1 to 1 training so will be giving that a go and deciding where to go from there.

I have a kart setup at home with a t500rs race wheel and some triple 42" screens and heard its a great training tool for getting use to tracks and working on progress when away from the track. Technology has come on so far these days that it can help a lot.

After some track time throughout next year I will start looking at what class of kart to step into.

Sam do you find that Kart Racing Pro is helpful to you and your team for racing? Or do you have any advice of some good hardware that will help, e.g wheel, setup.

Also thanks for the reply Lauzzzn, do you know when KRP Beta 12 will be released?

sam19

i find my custom built simulator very useful, I do have drivers come to my house where i have it all set up with a projector and do some 1 to 1 trainmen i find that the MAXTM Telemetry very useful as it gives the same data as i would get from the data loggers on my real life kart, so i can have my laptop and then on KRP i can compare real life data to KRP data which is very useful,

http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=4397.0

the main reason i use KRP is to learn the tracks and teach drivers that if you change the sprocket or if you change the widths it alters the kart,

I used a logitech G27 but have just ordered some Fanatec parts to build my next simulator,

sam

Tr!st@n

PiBoSo mentioned that Beta12 (the firs version) will come within this month.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Tr!st@n on December 10, 2014, 06:54:09 PM
PiBoSo mentioned that Beta12 (the firs version) will come within this month.

Beta 12 is not the first version....
BETA   12
BETA :)
Tristan, my friend.

Tr!st@n

I know, but after beta 12 there will be the final or BIG release, and its like a 12.2. #thanksmate #NowIUnderstandTheSystem
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

rt45433

Thanks Tristan,

I didn't know it would be that quick! not long to wait then.

Also the Whilton Mill track link you sent me above Sam seems to have some issues. I have downloaded the track and when i have used it i think there are a few issues. Theres a lot of kerbs which are raised by about half a foot (to the point where you can't go over them and cones seem to be floating in the air. Also the layout looks very different to the Whilton Mill image I sent over earlier. Do you have a copy of the track yourself Sam?

Or does anyone else have a recent version I don't mind paying someone if needed.

sam19

I have that version and some of the kerbs at whilton are that high lol. You don't always use the kerbs at whilton.

And the version is the correct one. :)

Sam