• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:24:19 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

This is all you need to start painting

Started by evo1087, April 20, 2011, 07:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

April 20, 2011, 07:17:25 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:08:21 AM by evo1087
http://www.kartdavid.co.uk/epages/es121980.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es121980/Categories/PSK/Rep

open the template and your sticker of choice and in a new layer copy and paste , resize, merge layers (minus UV)  and save
make sure its below the shading layer.

GIMP(free)
or Photoshop
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Racehard

April 20, 2011, 10:15:57 PM #1 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:21:24 PM by Racehard
Well you're right, but I bet if somebody paints a sticker kit by himself with passion instead of copy and pasting it, it would lead to a way more good looking result, of course it is not that easy then and needs some knowledge with photoshop etc., but still I would prefer quality paints to a larger quantity of paints. At the end the more good looking paints will be preferred and used by most of the people.
Unfortunately these pictures of sticker kits are pretty low resolution, still they are very usefull as an orientation for painting the kit by yourself ;)

EVO

I woould trace them in adobe illstrator or rhino  for maximum resolution then make it work in photoshop.  Best quality that way. More time consuming.  This was inteaded to get more people into the process insted people requesting which gets bothersome

Racehard

Yeah you are right. 

Anyway, I didn't knew you could max out the resolution, does this really work satisfyingly?

EVO

Vector graphics have infinite resoultion you can keep zooming and zooming and it will never pixelate.

it like a least common denominator concept. if you take a vector sticker kit and bring it into the TK_body template  it will be at the maximum resolution of the template it cant exceed it due to this limitation. 

For fun i like to make my own t shirts.  I trace the logos is vector and print them, iron them on  anf they look pretty good.  in this case you are limited by the printers resolution.  If i had a $3000 plotter it would come out professional

Racehard

I suppose creating a vector graphic is not easy at all  ???

EVO

it depends how complicated you want to make it. Like the two paints I have made were simple and easy but some of the graphics out there are crazy detailed.  Color gradiant In vector is pretty easy and nice lookig

EVO

April 22, 2011, 04:07:22 AM #7 Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:30:03 AM by evo1087
I just tested one of the stickers (energy corsa 2011) its a png so the background is invisisble meaning its easy to copy ant paste.  Best of all you dont have to resize it much which mean not much quality is lost.

T.J. Koyen

Racehard,

To make a vector graphic of a sticker kit for example you need to trace every element with a pen tool in Illustrator or a similar program. Pretty simple, but definitely time consuming. When I made my Merlin kit, I had the vector version already since I do a lot of the graphics for Merlin. So it took me all of 5 minutes to do that one. I've actually got several kits that I've made up, I should post them when I have time.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net