• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:52 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1

Started by esiea, November 21, 2014, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esiea

Hi everybody,

I am creating my own circuit for KRP . I developed under Bob's track builder and converts with 3dsMax (texture, name...) . In track editor, I make the centerligne ,racedata and surface. But when I want to test the track in KRP I have this error:

ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1
assertion " bNormalisationResult" failed in ../../include\ode\odemath.h:336

and game crashes  :'(

Do you have an idea to fix it ? Have I forgotten an important thing in the creation ?

Thank you in advance  :)

dibu

November 21, 2014, 07:16:52 PM #1 Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:23:47 PM by dibu
Two basic questions.
- is the centerline really 100% closed? Check the boundary point with max zoom
- are ALL necessary files present and named correctly?

If yes, upload the track and I'm quite sure that one of the experienced modders here will take a closer look at your problem.

esiea

Thank you for your fast answer. :)
As soon as I could (on Sunday or Monday) I would verify these two important points and I will keep you informed  ;)

esiea

November 22, 2014, 07:05:28 PM #3 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:12:39 PM by esiea
I checked : the centerline is closed ( 1rst is straight 10m and last is curve)  , for files I don't think missing (but I'm a beginner and I'm not really sur ) . I upload the track : it is called "test4" and I join the 3dsmax file.

https://mega.co.nz/#!V4NVBZZA!GmGzic94e3lk6udqN5F0e-UzOE45fJmxQIqkpXs4KjA

anyone can help me please  ;)

evolution-kart

In 3ds max you must rename the track in TRKASPH_01 and the grass in TRKGRAS_01 (_02, _03, ...) before you export it. See track creation rules.
In the race-data-file you have to make the pits, the splits and some checkpoints.
In your trackfolder "test4" you need the test4.amb, the line.tga and the tga-files from your config-file (zuera.tga and zuera_map.tga). Copy this from the zuera-folder.

Marco Dakic

Please make sure that the Track is Merged too
3D Modeling :D

esiea

Sorry, but what do you mean by "merge track" ?

evolution-kart

Quote from: esiea on November 24, 2014, 08:35:23 AM
Sorry, but what do you mean by "merge track" ?
He means that you have to merge the centerline to the track, but you have done this in the track tools.

Do the things i have written above and then everything works. I have done it with your data and i was driven on your track.
When you have more questions or you need a sample for something, please write back or send a PM.

esiea

November 24, 2014, 06:58:00 PM #8 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:00:50 PM by esiea
It works :) thank you very much ! Now, I know how it works I will be able to improve the track ;)