• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:40:30 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Any Interest in Tilbury?

Started by diamondgeezer73, November 16, 2014, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamondgeezer73

As some of you may be aware the kart track at Tilbury closed May 2013, so the only way any of us can race on it again is virtually. This post is to gauge if there is an interest for this track in KRP.

I have only been there a handful of times back in the 1980's. I'd admit there only going there when we pulled up to Rye House, kart on roof rack and discovered it was closed for races, or for some other reasons... of to Tilbury then...

The track exists as a community made effort by Lasercutter for use in rFactor, and looks to be very accurate. If there is a good deal of interest, I would start by converting his track (and will check with him first) over to KRP. Ideally and time permitting, I'd completely rebuild it and make it all as polished and finished as possible.

Iv'e not tried making or converting a course as yet. That said this work is not completely out of my comfort zone. Though out of the game recently I've 10 years professional experience as a 3D artist, predominantly Maya admittedly. Given time though, I'd be confident doing a good job.

Let me know your thoughts.. if you want it done.

dibu

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the offer :). New tracks are always welcome. I've no direct relation to Tilbury but why not testing it ...

JesusRB

TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

diamondgeezer73

November 16, 2014, 09:32:08 PM #3 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:41:23 PM by diamondgeezer73
Well this is an old MSN maps aerial:

And in it's hayday...

And most recent Google aerial:

...and the video of the track in rfactor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgDR2SnCKaw

...and a GoPro video or the real track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeeP7r43lTo

Taddzy

Quote from: diamondgeezer73 on November 16, 2014, 08:55:24 PM
As some of you may be aware the kart track at Tilbury closed May 2013, so the only way any of us can race on it again is virtually. This post is to gauge if there is an interest for this track in KRP.

I have only been there a handful of times back in the 1980's. I'd admit there only going there when we pulled up to Rye House, kart on roof rack and discovered it was closed for races, or for some other reasons... of to Tilbury then...

The track exists as a community made effort by Lasercutter for use in rFactor, and looks to be very accurate. If there is a good deal of interest, I would start by converting his track (and will check with him first) over to KRP. Ideally and time permitting, I'd completely rebuild it and make it all as polished and finished as possible.

Iv'e not tried making or converting a course as yet. That said this work is not completely out of my comfort zone. Though out of the game recently I've 10 years professional experience as a 3D artist, predominantly Maya admittedly. Given time though, I'd be confident doing a good job.

Let me know your thoughts.. if you want it done.

Pm me and I can help you out my friend!!
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

catofthechim

I know this thread is super old, wondering if there was ever a track made for it?

Thanks