• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:11 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Suggestions for a track download area

Started by dibu, November 06, 2014, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

November 13, 2014, 10:05:47 PM #15 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:14:51 PM by dibu
Quote from: KartLH on November 13, 2014, 09:16:12 PM
Definately better than Mega, which doesnt download at all if you change the site while downloading
It's also my experience.
Besides I have a problem with Kim Dotcom's history and MEGA's LIMITED TERMS OF SERVICE ("TERMS"). I also hate the need of using Chrome or loading their addon for Firefox. The use of IE is nearly impossible, I prefer open platforms.

But I don't know how well Dropbox works in other countries.

evolution-kart

Quote from: dibu on November 13, 2014, 08:32:08 PM
@all, are the Dropbox download speeds ok for you? Do we need alternative downloads?

The download speed is ok for me and thank you for upload the tracks.

Is it possible to move the download-link to a position, where everybody can find it easier like "tracks download database" and where is only one post with the link?

dibu

Quote from: evolution-kart on November 13, 2014, 10:49:53 PM
Is it possible to move the download-link to a position, where everybody can find it easier like "tracks download database" and where is only one post with the link?
Yes, I'll do it as soon as everything is sorted out.

EVO

Great Work. maybe nice to organize the track by region with folders.  Then use public link.  Europe, North America, South America, Asia, etc.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Marco Dakic

3D Modeling :D

dibu

Quote from: EVO on November 18, 2014, 03:32:29 AM
Great Work. maybe nice to organize the track by region with folders.  Then use public link.  Europe, North America, South America, Asia, etc.
Thanks for your reply EVO, I'll think about it. What exactly do you mean by writing "use public link"? Upload open for all or something else?

EVO

maybe dropbox changes but they had a public folder which your chould share and it would have folders in it.  not just restricted to files

dibu

For new accounts Dropbox removed the former "public folder" at the end of 2012. But it's no problem to use subfolders in a published link.

I'm still not sure about the idea of separating the tracks to region folders. If someone is looking for a track by name, it's easier to have a folder with alphabetical order. If I add region folders all tracks have to be uploaded twice - one copy in the alphabetical track folder and one e.g. in the Europe folder.

EVO

You are right.  I was amazed when I looked at the database at how many there are.  Does drop box have a search feature? I'll petition one with you.

dibu

Quote from: EVO on November 19, 2014, 08:22:25 PM
You are right.  I was amazed when I looked at the database at how many there are.  Does drop box have a search feature? I'll petition one with you.
No, Dropbox doesn't offer a search feature but you can use your browser's page search (Ctrl+F for most browsers) without problems.

yossie

Hi guys,

I've got a question. I bought the license by http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=purchase. But now i want to add some new tracks from your dropbox (tracks). I've just made a map "Tracks" on my KRP map but it doesn't work. Bought i the wrong license or isn't this the good way for adding new tracks?

I hope there is somebody who can answer this question  :)

Hugo Hernandez

Quote from: yossie on October 10, 2017, 08:31:30 PM
Hi guys,

I've got a question. I bought the license by http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=purchase. But now i want to add some new tracks from your dropbox (tracks). I've just made a map "Tracks" on my KRP map but it doesn't work. Bought i the wrong license or isn't this the good way for adding new tracks?

Right click on the KRP icon, open file location, tracks,
Open the winrar, and put inside the folder

Raise

Quote from: yossie on October 10, 2017, 08:31:30 PM
Hi guys,

you need to go to "My Documents"/"Piboso"/"Kart Racing Pro"/"mods" create a tracks folder. Once youve done that you need to open up the track in winrar winzip or 7zip and drag the folder into the tracks folder.