• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:42 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Suggestions for a track download area

Started by dibu, November 06, 2014, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

November 06, 2014, 07:39:03 PM Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:59:16 PM by dibu
Quote from: Marco Dakic on October 28, 2014, 05:39:09 PM
I Think we need a good Download Section where the Tracks easy to find and to Download, because nobody finds Released tracks in this forum without watched 50 Sites

Yes, it would help alot, especially for new members but also for everybody else in the forum.

Before we reinvent the wheel take a look at what has been realised for GPBikes and WRS. MEGA and Dropbox are payed Pro accounts and synchronised.
To ensure a good download quality for everyone there are two places because some people have problems with Mega and some with Dropbox.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!eNVSADpZ!a6u3dBMlFT8zw5x7K68eVg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jw9811t7mlgx45f/AAB4mosTJ9QKRfK59bNC4xSoa

Everytime a new track is released it will be uploaded to both stores (if it's ok for the track author) and a forum message is posted in the 'Track Downloads' thread.
All tracks have release numbers (e.g. Lonato_V1.1) to avoid confusion if they are updated. 

The system is running for a while now and it's working pretty well.

Marco Dakic

3D Modeling :D

Birel-Rotax 42

I have a MEGA account that has something like 50 gb free. I can upload onto there. You take care of Dropbox.

dibu

Nice, that's a very good start for the project.  :) :)  I'll pay for the dropbox account. Now let's care for the rest.

Birel-Rotax 42

I'll begin compiling all tracks we have. I do know that there is kart.marienly.de (spelling might be different) but that is a good place to start.

Cory_Hayes

VELOCIPEDE

i can offer free and unlimited space on Drivingitalia to upload and download tracks, from the files area -> http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=21
only the registration is needed

Marco Dakic

I would do it velocipede iam registered also then de habe 3 uploading solutions

dibu

November 09, 2014, 08:55:52 PM #8 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:23:20 PM by dibu
Here a preview of my Dropbox version. The first tracks are online (~5GB).
Link to the tracks here: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=4785.0

I've uploaded the tracks which I've found at my local drives. Please check if they are the latest versions.

There are still a lot of tracks missing, here I NEED YOUR HELP. Please tell me which tracks are not in the list and if possible post a link.

Marco Dakic

Marco Dakic

dibu

Quote from: Marco Dakic on November 13, 2014, 01:36:08 AM
???? No more database ?
Quote from: DRkarter97 on November 13, 2014, 01:47:51 AM
I know for a fact people used this,  it takes time for everything to come together

A new link to the database is set. But I really need your support. I've uploaded the tracks which I have and what I found in the forum but the database is by far not complete.

Marco Dakic

Right do you have Skype ? Its more easy for me to chat there for the tracks

dibu

Quote from: Marco Dakic on November 13, 2014, 01:23:59 PM
Right do you have Skype ? Its more easy for me to chat there for the tracks
I've to reactivate my old account or make a new one. But to be honest, I hate chats.  ::)
I'll PM at the weekend when I'll have a bit more time.

Quote from: DRkarter97 on November 13, 2014, 02:03:35 PM
I will go through my tracks and ensure they're the right version and such and I'll try and upload them Friday.
Thank you very much, this will help alot.  :)

Quote from: DRkarter97 on November 13, 2014, 02:03:35 PM
Though I do have a suggestion, can we move tracks into folders by their authors so the authors can be credited and if there are two different versions of a track by two different  authors it's organized.
I would prefer the alphabetical order but it's no problem if you, Marco or someone else wants his own subfolder.

@all, are the Dropbox download speeds ok for you? Do we need alternative downloads?

Tr!st@n

Definately better than Mega, which doesnt download at all if you change the site while downloading
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior