• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:35:34 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Optimal tire pressure

Started by Robin Mayer, November 04, 2014, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Mayer

Whats te optimal tire pressure? When they are warm.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

Tr!st@n

In my opinion its around 1.00 bar warm, but im not a pro.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: KartLH on November 04, 2014, 05:22:40 PM
In my opinion its around 1.00 bar warm, but im not a pro.

too high

Birel-Rotax 42

Personally I run .6 bar. I usually just run stock setup with the exception of caster, and the bars.

dibu

My soft tyres usually show between 0.88 and 0.95 bar at the end of a run.

Cory_Hayes

dibu

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on November 04, 2014, 05:49:54 PM
how much do you slide around?
I never really analysed it by watching my replays but I try to slide as less as possible. Do you think my temperatures show too much slide?

Cory_Hayes

Maybe....
I normally have my tyres sit at around
.8 bar... and I try to even them all out ( hot pressure )

dibu

I also even them out.
0.80 bar gives me the feeling of having less grip than at 0.90 - at more than 0.95 the tyres start to overheat and at 1.00 you are riding a dead horse.

Next time I'll watch my replay and look how much I'm really sliding.

dibu

Here an old KRP discussion about tyres, maybe it's still interesting:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1518.0

Here some general setup tips from real life (not directly tyre pressure):
http://www.dunlopkartsport.com.au/technical

Sorry this (good) setup guide I only found in German language - maybe google or another translator helps:
http://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_dede/das-macht-dunlop-so-einzigartig/motorsport/kart/setup.jsp

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: dibu on November 04, 2014, 06:44:52 PM
I also even them out.
0.80 bar gives me the feeling of having less grip than at 0.90 - at more than 0.95 the tyres start to overheat and at 1.00 you are riding a dead horse.

Next time I'll watch my replay and look how much I'm really sliding.

...its not really about the pressure it hads...its more about the temp of the tyre....( the way I see it, and it works really well for me)

dibu

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on November 27, 2014, 01:50:12 AM
...its not really about the pressure it hads...its more about the temp of the tyre....( the way I see it, and it works really well for me)
This means you're ignoring the pressure and use the optimal tyre temperature as reference?
Which temperature should a warm tyre reach e.g. KZ1?

You are one of the fastest guys here, so I think it's not wrong to follow your proposals to find a good setup. ;)

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: dibu on November 27, 2014, 07:42:54 AM
This means you're ignoring the pressure and use the optimal tyre temperature as reference?

You are one of the fastest guys here, so I think it's not wrong to follow your proposals to find a good setup. ;)

Optimal tyre temp.....I let my tyres between 50-70 degrees,  I will normally offset tyre pressures, to make certain tyres stay colder or get warmer. If you know what I am saying :)

dibu

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on November 27, 2014, 08:29:26 AM
Quote from: dibu on November 27, 2014, 07:42:54 AM

Optimal tyre temp.....I let my tyres between 50-70 degrees,  I will normally offset tyre pressures, to make certain tyres stay colder or get warmer. If you know what I am saying :)
Thanks for your hints. I always looked for equal pressure at my warm tyres. But your approach sounds logic, I'll give it a try.  :)