• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:24:28 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Multi-GPU (Specifically Nvidia)

Started by Birel-Rotax 42, October 24, 2014, 03:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birel-Rotax 42

Hey guys, I'm buying a new graphics card, (upgrading from crossfire 7870's) and I'm wondering if multi-gpu has been tested on Nvidia cards. I know that ATI/AMD crossfire works, but my question is: do any of you guys own/have owned Nvidia cards in SLI and what was your experience with KRP running on it? Just a bit of info, the reason I am upgrading is because 30fps on triple screens is a bit difficult to drive.

Thanks!

tebbers14

Slightly off topic, but I plan on trying to buy this card http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-GV-R797TO-3GD-AMD-Radeon-HD-7970-3072MB-GDDR5-Gaming-Graphics-GPU-/191415801321?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item2c914555e9

Corrie, what would you sell your 7870's for? One '48 TV here. Currently have one 7770.

Birel-Rotax 42

I suggest a single high-end card over multiple lower-end cards. If you have the budget, go for the higher end one and add on later.

maxrod

I use to have 2x GTX 260 in SLI and it would micro stutter, I don't know if this has changed with the newer cards, I use one hd7950 with triple screens which do the job but will be up grading next year probably back to NVidia because of the oculus rift support, would be good to here from others to now if SLI or crossfire woks with out micro stutter.

Birel-Rotax 42

I hate to bring up an old topic, but I'd like to ask the community for help. I just bought a GTX 980 and I have been running triple 1080p screens. The ports on the back changed from card-to-card, and I'd like to know what the output capacity is/which is better. My HD 7870's had 2x Mini Display Port, 1 DVI, and 1 HDMI. The 980 has 1 DVI, 1 HDMI and 3x Display Ports. I am wondering (since my monitors use DVI as their primary signal) if I should but 3 Display Port adapters (because Display Port has a higher output rate and supports DSR on the new nVidia GPU's), or if 1 monitor on HDMI-to-DVI, 1 monitor on DVI, and 1 Monitor on Display Port-to-DVI will work. Will the different ports cause issues with frame rates?

Thanks for any help I can get!