• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:22:59 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

PiBoSo Kart Racing Pro - In-Game Track Creator

Started by AscendingDrive, September 22, 2014, 03:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AscendingDrive

This game would be very much improved if PiBoSo created a track creator in game or seperate, that is:

easy to use

comes with the price of the game ( or even a price tag $10, $20? maximum)

directly associated with the game

This allows MORE people to create their local track or track of choice to race on and share with the community, this will probably take a while to develop, but this HAS to be done in order to make this a tool that is used by people who want to simulate karting in the real world

currently you have to buy software BTB which is 40 bucks and it looks hard to use and it not directly associated with the game, if I did buy BTB i dont think i'll commit to build the track.

Thanks, thoughts below

Birel-Rotax 42

You don't have to buy software. Blender is free, and 3ds max is free with a student license. Honestly, most of the newer members on this forum need to take the silver spoons out of their mouths and use the resources instead of whining about track creation being "too hard". Take a look around! There are at least 4 different tutorials by many people all using different methods. It really isn't that hard, and you and everyone else here has been told this time and time again. The definition of insanity is doing the Same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Man up and learn to make tracks. Nearly every user who has created quality content isn't interested in making "local tracks". They make the circuits that they are paid to make. They make tracks that they want to make. Unless you are going to pay $15/hour for 40-100 hours of work, nobody is going to be interested.

Maya
3ds Max
Blender
Sketch up

All of these applications are free if you look for them, and WRS and GPB users have created tracks with the first three. I made a track in sketch up. It's getting annoying, so stop asking. PiBoSo is developing 4 games simultaneously, and suggestions from lazy community members on "track creator software is basically asking PiBoSo to make 3ds max.

iVersOne

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on September 22, 2014, 03:10:38 PM
You don't have to buy software. Blender is free, and 3ds max is free with a student license. Honestly, most of the newer members on this forum need to take the silver spoons out of their mouths and use the resources instead of whining about track creation being "too hard". Take a look around! There are at least 4 different tutorials by many people all using different methods. It really isn't that hard, and you and everyone else here has been told this time and time again. The definition of insanity is doing the Same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Man up and learn to make tracks. Nearly every user who has created quality content isn't interested in making "local tracks". They make the circuits that they are paid to make. They make tracks that they want to make. Unless you are going to pay $15/hour for 40-100 hours of work, nobody is going to be interested.

Maya
3ds Max
Blender
Sketch up

All of these applications are free if you look for them, and WRS and GPB users have created tracks with the first three. I made a track in sketch up. It's getting annoying, so stop asking. PiBoSo is developing 4 games simultaneously, and suggestions from lazy community members on "track creator software is basically asking PiBoSo to make 3ds max.
+10000

Marco Dakic

Quote from: AscendingDrive on September 22, 2014, 03:51:35 AM
This game would be very much improved if PiBoSo created a track creator in game or seperate, that is:

easy to use

comes with the price of the game ( or even a price tag $10, $20? maximum)

directly associated with the game

This allows MORE people to create their local track or track of choice to race on and share with the community, this will probably take a while to develop, but this HAS to be done in order to make this a tool that is used by people who want to simulate karting in the real world

currently you have to buy software BTB which is 40 bucks and it looks hard to use and it not directly associated with the game, if I did buy BTB i dont think i'll commit to build the track.

Thanks, thoughts below

If you never Have Done a track or something like that, than stop asking about a Track Creator, you dont know how much work you need to put in and also to Control this Programm, Bobs Track Builder is the EASYEST programm i have ever seen.
3D Modeling :D

DjFIL

I personally would be happy with a large flat open parking lot (or indoor karting center) and the easy ability to set out cones/barriers and checkpoints/racing line/etc.  That's all I'd want for a simple included track editor/creator.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DjFIL on October 15, 2014, 12:05:59 AM
I personally would be happy with a large flat open parking lot (or indoor karting center) and the easy ability to set out cones/barriers and checkpoints/racing line/etc.  That's all I'd want for a simple included track editor/creator.

TrackEd allows that. Check for "layout". It's not easy, but it's possible.