• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Are there any plans to support Oculus Rift?

Started by Moretti, October 01, 2012, 02:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moretti

This looks like the next big thing. And so far it's the only gadget I would spend money in.
Head tracking is taken to the next level. Can you imagine the level of immersion you could get with one of these things?!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game
http://oculusvr.com/

PiBoSo

Moretti

You are right. I totally missed that page. I know is hasn't been released yet, but I didn't know the SDK was not ready, since I saw a game that already confirmed they will support it. I'm sure that's just because they have some kind of early access.

It's good to know you guys already know about it. It's a matter of time to find out if it's worth the effort.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Racehard

http://www.virtualr.net/oculus-rift-racing-game-testing-started

looks promising doesn't it.

Imagine krp to be one of the first titles to include that  ;D

Moretti

The SDK is available and you can buy it already! this is awesome. I can't wait for the final revision.

Ensonic

April 28, 2014, 02:17:38 PM #5 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:00:56 PM by Ensonic
Hi there,

any plans for the Oculus now? DevKit 2 is coming soon and even Dev1 was a blast...  Another big thing would be angle correction for Triple Screen support to get the right impression of speed.... at the moment it is distorted when using angled side monitors...

EDIT:
Found the triple screen topic.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Ensonic on April 28, 2014, 02:17:38 PM
Hi there,

any plans for the Oculus now? DevKit 2 is coming soon and even Dev1 was a blast...  Another big thing would be angle correction for Triple Screen support to get the right impression of speed.... at the moment it is distorted when using angled side monitors...

EDIT:

Oculus Rift support will be added as soon as they ship DevKit2.

Ensonic

roxsman

QuoteOculus Rift support will be added as soon as they ship DevKit2.

Just for my information..
Will Rift support be added as soon as they ship the DK2 or will you start working on Rift support as soon as they ship the DK2?
Because in the first case a rift supported version should be released about now. I'd LOVE to play this game on my Rift :)

If done right, this could be the best Oculus Rift showcase there is! Anyone already tried this with an app like Vorpx or Vireio??

maxrod

Braden Eves

September 28, 2014, 08:54:17 PM #10 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:46:29 AM by Braden Eves
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 15, 2014, 10:58:45 AM
Quote from: Ensonic on April 28, 2014, 02:17:38 PM
Hi there,

EDIT:
Oculus Rift support will be added as soon as they ship DevKit2.

Is this still going to happen? I ordered mine and its gonna be here in the next few weeks