• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:04:45 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Downshifting lag

Started by Snappe, April 12, 2011, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

Aritz

Quote from: Snapper on April 12, 2011, 03:46:23 PM
What downshifting lag?

After the beta2, downshifting is very slow to do... You have to wait until the arm animation finishes and then you can change again the gear.

PiBoSo

It may be be obvious, but: have you disabled shifting helper? ( Settings -> Simulation -> Shift Help )

Schwoni

i drive without helps and then it`s possible to shift fast down my opinion. I can shift back so fast that the engine blows up.

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 12, 2011, 06:48:09 PM

It may be be obvious, but: have you disabled shifting helper? ( Settings -> Simulation -> Shift Help )

Yes, you were right, sorry...

But without the shift help, is even worse... you can't shift up many times because you have to lift up the throttle exaggeratedly... How do you do Schwoni?

Eslotes

LOL epic win of schwoni he use mouse :S
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Schwoni

Quote from: Aritz on April 13, 2011, 10:11:46 AM

Yes, you were right, sorry...

But without the shift help, is even worse... you can't shift up many times because you have to lift up the throttle exaggeratedly... How do you do Schwoni?

i don`t know ;D i have to lift up the trottle 1/4 and then its possible to shift but it have to be exactly the same time with throttle lift and shifting. After a little bit practise it works.

richard watson

The upshifting is definitely wrong with shifting help off. You have to be way more precise than in real life, and the result is that the shifts happen way slower than in real life. Downshifts are perfect without shifting help. Piboso if you need any kind of data from real life KZ2 engine, I am happy to provide that! The shifting is super irritating because the sim is so good otherwise. I check in here every day hoping for a shift patch!

Aritz

Quote from: richard watson on April 14, 2011, 03:50:07 AM
The upshifting is definitely wrong with shifting help off. You have to be way more precise than in real life, and the result is that the shifts happen way slower than in real life. Downshifts are perfect without shifting help. Piboso if you need any kind of data from real life KZ2 engine, I am happy to provide that! The shifting is super irritating because the sim is so good otherwise. I check in here every day hoping for a shift patch!

I can help you too, I have a lot of onboard videos and always the shifter is shown.

And yes, there is too many people waiting for the patch :) Let's wait, he is doing a good work with the game.

EVO

With AIDS off I got upshifting to work by redlining then shifting other wise you have to wait for the revs to drop to shift.  it works for know.  i dont see a problem with downshifting.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

oppolo

Quote from: evo1087 on April 21, 2011, 09:17:29 PM
you have to wait for the revs to drop to shift.  it works for know.

right, only when revs drops we can move the gear knob for upshift, it need a little bit practise and i am not sure  the game need a patch as someone says. at this moment, sometimes i have difficult but other times the upshift isn't slow, maybe i need more practise

Aritz

Quote from: evo1087 on April 21, 2011, 09:17:29 PM
With AIDS off I got upshifting to work by redlining then shifting other wise you have to wait for the revs to drop to shift.  it works for know.  i dont see a problem with downshifting.

Have you try a real KZ2 kart? You don't have to wait for the revs to drop to shift, only a little. You can see by yourself in my signature video  if you want.

Stark

Yes, downshifting doesnt work very well. When it comes to upshifting I acctually think it works really good. In the beginning it is really annoying to miss every single gear, but after getting a feeling for it, it works almost perfect. However, the throttle need to be released a bit too much. Needs a little adjustment  :)
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on April 29, 2011, 10:26:11 AM
You don't have to wait for the revs to drop to shift, only a little

but krp works in this way, you have to lift only a little and then upshifting but it is difficult to learn and do the right times gas\change gear

Quote from: Stark on April 29, 2011, 12:16:26 PM
but after getting a feeling for it, it works almost perfect. However, the throttle need to be released a bit too much. Needs a little adjustment  :)

maybe needs a little adjustment in the times gas/change gear, next 10 days i'll drive only ks1 and i'll see if i improve my skill in this