• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:07:35 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

How to host race (not dedicated)

Started by kimitoms, August 17, 2014, 05:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimitoms

Hi all  ;)

I've search on the forum but no found something clear, if there's a topic that explain everything, please give me !

I just want to be able to host "basic races" occasionally (like on the picture), which allows driving on less regular circuit.

It seems easy to do, but when I select "continue" my computer crash ... maybe I do something wrong ?

And it should be nice that you explains me what is Bandwidth, Max ping, and rating class.

THANKS  ;D

Birel-Rotax 42

Go into your profile.ini located in documents/piboso/profiles/(profile name)
From there, you scroll down until you see the category, most likely it will have MANY categories, so delete all the categories and replace it with one of the stock engines (ex. KF3)

That should fix your problem!

kimitoms

It works !!!!! I wouldn't have found without your help. Thank you Birel-Rotax !

And is this "Bandwidth, Max ping, and rating class" important ?

Birel-Rotax 42

I don't use "max ping" as international drivers usually get ejected because of that feature. It is basically a measure to kick drivers with bad connection to the server. Rating is based off of the ratings found on the "stats" page here: http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/stats.php
I don't use rating either, as you can see there are only 10 drivers with a rating out of everybody.

Bandwidth I usually run at the maximum setting, as it dictates the maximum number of karts you can see (maximum setting = 12 visible karts)

Hope I helped!

kimitoms

Just to clarify one point
Low ping is a better connection (as piboso said in his wikidoc) ... so if I want that everybody can play (even bad connection) in my server, it's better to choose Max ping no ?
If I choose max ping, there's no ping limit ?

Birel-Rotax 42

Leave it so it looks like this:
Max Ping --

kimitoms