• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:59:51 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Beta 12 Suggestions!

Started by Cory_Hayes, July 30, 2014, 02:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birel-Rotax 42

Can we see better game stability? League racing is painful because the game won't stay open for more than 10 minutes at a time. Games crash for at least 2 people out of 12 for every time we go on track. Can stability updates be added in the next release, because games crashing frequently kills the online experience.

Birel-Rotax 42

Would it be possible to manipulate grip in a way similar to Nascar Racing 2003's implementation for future builds? My suggestion is that setting grip, you name the object (example: TRKASPH) and in a text file similar to shaders, input a grip level from 0.0 to 4.0. That way, we would have many more grip levels available to us and a better opportunity to hone in track grip levels to a good and realistic setting. With that, I think it would be helpful to also have a piece in that file that determines the speed/factor that grip builds up independent of the groove multiplier (some tracks rubber up quicker than others because of the surface). Would this be even remotely possible? Also, PiBoSo, on a scale from 1-10, 10 is highest, what grip level is ASPH, BASPH, and CASPH? I understand CASPH is less grip, but is it exponential, fractional, logarithmic, or just purely half of the previous grip level? Thanks, and I look forward to Beta 12 and beyond!

iVersOne

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on December 23, 2014, 11:35:15 PM
Would it be possible to manipulate grip in a way similar to Nascar Racing 2003's implementation for future builds? My suggestion is that setting grip, you name the object (example: TRKASPH) and in a text file similar to shaders, input a grip level from 0.0 to 4.0. That way, we would have many more grip levels available to us and a better opportunity to hone in track grip levels to a good and realistic setting. With that, I think it would be helpful to also have a piece in that file that determines the speed/factor that grip builds up independent of the groove multiplier (some tracks rubber up quicker than others because of the surface). Would this be even remotely possible? Also, PiBoSo, on a scale from 1-10, 10 is highest, what grip level is ASPH, BASPH, and CASPH? I understand CASPH is less grip, but is it exponential, fractional, logarithmic, or just purely half of the previous grip level? Thanks, and I look forward to Beta 12 and beyond!
+1  :)