• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:43:43 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

New Zealand kart tracks

Started by KZ2_Iceman97, June 16, 2014, 04:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ2_Iceman97

To all the modders and karters in NZ. As I'm sure we are all aware. We all want to practice and test as much as possible but we either can't afford to or don't have time to and since we don't want to waste gear. Sim's are the perfect place of course but we have 1 problem. There is currently no New Zealand kart tracks available to use in KRP. So my request is that (if anyone is keen) to basically recreate every kart track that is an official KSNZ track. Currently there is 18 clubs and 17 of those are tracks that are current. (the 18th is the new Motorsport complex out by Auckland international airport which is currently under construction) The amount of times I and plenty of others have wanted to test but can't is crazy so let's make this happen.
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

Marco Dakic

3D Modeling :D

Cory_Hayes

...are you actually asking for all the NZ tracks? or am I reading this completely wrong?

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on June 16, 2014, 12:57:51 PM
...are you actually asking for all the NZ tracks? or am I reading this completely wrong?
What's wrong with getting the 17 tracks around NZ made?!?!? Yes I will admit it is a bit of a mission but it is possible and would be good to see them in the game and be able to be driven on
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

Cory_Hayes

you want all the NZ tracks before...say all the american tracks? What makes the NZ tracks so much better then all the other tracks in the world?

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on June 16, 2014, 01:31:28 PM
you want all the NZ tracks before...say all the american tracks? What makes the NZ tracks so much better then all the other tracks in the world?
I wasn't saying that the tracks in NZ are better than all the others in the world. It's the fact that I live in NZ and with only 17 tracks compared to idk the 100's in Europe and America. It would be a lot easier of a task than trying to do all of the American and European tracks. I'm not saying they have to be made ASAP or anything but more that it would be nice to see them in the game rather than be left out all together

Cory_Hayes

if you asked for like Hamilton and Te Puke or something, it would of been reasonable but like....17.....

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on June 16, 2014, 01:57:33 PM
if you asked for like Hamilton and Te Puke or something, it would of been reasonable but like....17.....
Main tracks that should be made if all 17 aren't made would be Auckland, Hamilton, Te Puke, Rotorua, Tokoroa, Hawkes Bay and Wellington since they are the venues for national series's and a few of the best tracks

Cory_Hayes

I highly doubt any will be made, if they do get to a WIP stage it will be by LauZzZn, but it will never be released. so yeah, don't get your hopes up

Marco Dakic

Why should we do NZ tracks ? I live in Europe so i never would do an NZ track, try to make by yourself
3D Modeling :D

Cory_Hayes

Spargo92

I also live in NZ and want to test and work for ideal setups but can you at leapst do Rotorua
Race Hard

Spargo92

Just saying though its weird
Race Hard

JJS209

i am more in the gp bikes world, but i bought BTB aka bobs track builder some weeks ago and made my first rideable track (hengelo irrc track in the netherlands).
i decided to buy btb and start with that, because for me it was easyer to getting started with bobs track builder than to do the first steps directly in 3ds max.
but i have had a lot of help from other modders to get the track where it is now.

cheers
jan

RockBinkie

Hey mate it has been a few years since you posted, but I thought I would let you know...

I have made taranaki, the textures look like shit and there are no assets like buildings or flag points etc... just the fences around the track. I will be attempting to do all WPKA tracks first as I have raced these. Then I will do Te Puke since I've been around that track a few times.

Over the next year or so I plan to get to Hamilton and Rotorua and see what they're like.

I have built taranaki on race track builder using google maps and elevation data... if you do the same for your tracks I can put them through blender and make them all work on KRP.

Let me know if you're keen. You will have to do some of the work building them on RTB, then send the .fbx and textures through to me and I will get them set up.

Keen??