• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:39:33 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Making a Sim

Started by sam19, February 20, 2014, 09:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxrod

If I was you I would get one good card as much as you can afford, as I had to GTX 260 in SLI both the same brand, on most games I would get a micro stutter this included dirt 2 at the time, They may be better with the support now, I use one hd 7950 with 3 screens in eyefinity and this is great it does everything I need from 3d modelling to playing games, look at reviews first to see how and if there is still a problem as you may be wasting your money, They have some good R7 cards now quiet cheep http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/AMD+Radeon/Radeon+R7+240 hope this helped.

sam19

March 12, 2014, 07:05:20 PM #16 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:13:53 PM by sam19
Cheers thank you ,

i have been looking at buying a GTX 480 as i was told it is very good for the price, around £90 new, the only problem is there power hungry so need a very good PSU, I'm thinking of buying 2 so will need a minimum 1000W PSU, I'm currently looking into it but I'm hoping to buy the graphics cards then find a MOBO and all the rest of the components

i am currently working on the sim its self so not paid much attention to the system it will be running on, its running on my laptop currently which is fine while i test tracks and paints etc... but when the sim is finished i will hopefully have built up a computer worth of running it, I'm hoping to run rFactor on it swell,

This is my Progress so far :

above is an image of the 3D CAD model of the hand brake/ clutch system,my system will use the potentiometer out of a G27 pedal ,the system which will operate as it does on current real karts, I'm on a 3D Design course and we have 3D printers so i have 3D printed everything and will get it machined out of aluminium in the next would week,

below is an image of it 3D printed,

Please let me know what you think, am hopefully going to print the pedals so they work using the same technique, will be printing them tomorrow and friday should have a fully working system by the weekend,

for the shifter i have taken the micro switches off the G27 steering wheel and mounted them on the kart and made my own whiter lever, i am currently in the process of mounting this on the kart and will add pictures as i go along

I have also got the chassi ready, currently finishing off the pedal design which im hoping to post about on the weekend

Sam

sam19

iv got another little update now,

i have test fitted the shifter and made the rest of the components for the front brake and clutch system, these will be machined out of aluminium next week,

This is me testing the shiver and the wheel on the chassis I'm going to be building it on

sam

Braden Eves

Looks cool, but just one graphics card is not going to need a 1000 watt power supply, I have a gtx 660 and an intel 3570k and I use a 700w psu.

sam19

I have been looking at the gtx660 and I think it's the one I'm going to pick.

I have pretty much figured out what I want to build with regards to the PC I just need to find the cash to make it happen

Sam

Birel-Rotax 42

If you can, go with a GTX 760/770, because they are only a little more expensive. Also, get something over 2GB of vram, because with all of the anti-aliasing, etc on triple screens uses more than 2GB. If you can, at least find a 4GB 660 and buy two, just so it will last further into the future.

James Beer

sam19

cheers james, cant wait for it to be finished,

Corrie, i dont really want to be spending alot on the computer as it will only be running KRP and rFactor, maybe a few others,

im looking to spend a maximum of £350 if im only using one graphics card

sam

sam19

There is a little progress on this, i have had the handles for the front brake/clutch system,

below are the handles, I'm picking up the rest on monday

then i cut them out and filed them down

sam

sam19