• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:58:20 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Grip issue

Started by LauZzZn, May 12, 2014, 10:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

I currently have a lot of problems with the grip in KRP..
I did a few laps on my tracks and compared them to real times:
Gerolzhofen 3s too fast with KF ( Im already using TRKCASPH and Medium tires)
Sarno 1.5-2s too fast with KF

Currently, we have a lot too much grip how I noticed it.
PiBoSo please try working something out, I would help of course with the tracks, where I can compare times to real times.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Cory_Hayes

Birel-Rotax 42

May 12, 2014, 02:30:38 PM #2 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:33:01 PM by Birel-Rotax 42
I wrote something up a while ago about how there was some weird stuff going on with KF3 times at Lonato. Up to 3 seconds faster than real life, and the grip levels didn't seem to be the underlying issue. Compared to the Rotax Junior, and their times at Lonato, the original Genk, and Dallas Karting Complex, the grip is fine, almost perfect. However, what I saw was that the KFJ had a massive amount of power. I don't know what datas that PiBoSo used for the programming of the engines, but I can link to my dyno I used for the Rotax. I think the problem as of now is the amount of power the engines are making, acceleration off the line is insanely fast, and their bottom end is crazy! Not trying to bash anyone, especially not PiBoSo, but if we can, we should try to restructure the engines and compare with real life. I know when I converted the torque curves for the Rotax, I messed up so many times that some releases had incredible bugs. I just want to check for the continuity and accuracy of what we have now. (Also, it may help to try TRKCONC, seems to have less grip).

LauZzZn

That wasnt the problem on my track, it was a real grip issure, as I was able to take the chicanes full throttle, and in real, you have to break quite heavy. I was able to break for every corner a lot later
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Birel-Rotax 42

Maybe even try TRKKERB?

LauZzZn

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on May 12, 2014, 02:49:48 PM
Maybe even try TRKKERB?
You would always hear the rumble sound :/