• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:29:35 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Hosting a race

Started by sam19, March 21, 2014, 06:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam19

if i were to host a local or worl race, what does this mean? does this mean everybody is running of the performace of my machine or does it just mean iv started the race and its all held on a universal server ?

sam

Braden Eves

Hosting a local race is run through your computer and is only available to people that are on your internet connection. For example if you had a couple friends come over and they brought kart racing pro they would be able to get on the server. Hosting a world race is also a connection from your machine, but anybody that is on kart racing pro can access the server. Although I recommend you set up a dedicated server if it is possible, for maximum performance.

sam19

cheers for the comment back, how do i go about running a dedicated server?

sam

Braden Eves

Quote from: sam19 on March 28, 2014, 09:16:10 PM
cheers for the comment back, how do i go about running a dedicated server?

sam

You are going to have to have a seperate computer for the dedicated server. http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=8.0

First you need to make a .ini file and copy the format into it. Then you need to take the KRP shortcut and go into properties, Then the line that says target, you need to copy the example that piboso gives you with a space between the " and the first letter in the example. If you need to port forward you need to figure that out for you personally just make sure you open up port 10600 and 10610 for UDP

sam19

iv got a very old (8 years) computer that i have sitting around, would it be enough to run a server on, also I'm not very good with this kind of thing and iv only really started online siming, what do i have to put on this other computer for it to work? do i have to run KRP with all the mods iv got on mine?

sam

LauZzZn

Quote from: sam19 on April 01, 2014, 08:08:20 PM
iv got a very old (8 years) computer that i have sitting around, would it be enough to run a server on, also I'm not very good with this kind of thing and iv only really started online siming, what do i have to put on this other computer for it to work? do i have to run KRP with all the mods iv got on mine?

sam
You need all the mods that should be able to run on the server.
You have to open your ports in your router settings, and set up the server (kart.exe) to run it correctly
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport