• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:11:26 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Pre-purchase questions

Started by kityatyi, December 21, 2014, 06:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kityatyi

Hi all,
I am quite new to all forms of car racing simulations, started only few weeks ago with iRacing, with a joystick... I then ordered a cheap wheel, my first ever steering wheel, and man, what a difference it makes! And it made me want to upgrade, and yesterday I received my G27, and it is incredible! Trying to find some iRacing setups online, I accidentally ended up on a site that mentioned Kart Racing Pro... I was curious to see what it is, this is how I found the simulator... Since I downloaded the demo, I cannot even stop playing! What an incredible little piece of simulation!
I am obviously considering surprising myself with the "full" version for Christmas but I would like to answer some questions first. Please help me with your replies.

- If I want to race online, can I always find "enough" people to race against? Since the only such simulation i know is iRacing, I compare to that - in iRacing, there is always enough people to play against. How "popular" is KRP, how known this simulator is?

- Is this game still being developed, updated, or is it an old, abandoned game? Is it still being well supported, are there any future plans to build it furtherm, add new official tracks, features, and such, or is it considered done?

- And finally, does it cost to join races or there is only a one-off purchase and then we can do whatever we want?

Please let me know so I can decide faster.

Anyways, Merry Christmas to all!

Regards,
kityatyi

Tr!st@n

December 21, 2014, 06:08:57 PM #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:11:37 PM by Tr!st@n
Hi and welcome,
usually there are always some people online, but sometimes, theres nobody online. But thats rarely the case. It doesnt cost you anything to join a race, and the game is still in developement. But at the moment, it looks like we can expect a final release after the next version.

Tristan  ;)
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

kityatyi

Hello!
And thanks for your quick response! It sounds great, even though I have never driven a real Kart, for some reason I believe this sim is very realistic and detailed.
Cheers!

Tr!st@n

Yes, it is very realistic, even more if we will see the oculus rift support in the next release. Have fun!
Tristan

kityatyi

That will surely add to the realism!
I am now trying to setup my G27 for the sim, I am sure a real kart does not rotate 900 degrees. I am gonna search the forums for G27 setup - if anyone could recommend a topic, please let me know.
Thanks for your responses!

Tr!st@n

You should run 180 degrees, for the rest i dont know, i run fanatec.

Tr!st@n

kityatyi

Thank you for the link, really helpful!