• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:54:57 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

rfactor 2 karts

Started by maxrod, March 28, 2014, 07:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

It may looks good, but the physics don't seem to be fine
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

maxrod

I think the physics are good and they will only get better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6bwoLkN5z8

Braden Eves

This looks amazing and racing will be comparable to iracing. If the physics are only a small step down from KRP i think it will be worth it to get 10,000 times better racing

maxrod

I have been playing this and this is truly amazing the feel the AI and it is the first release of there karts.

DjFIL

The release of rF2 Karts has put me on edge if I should purchase or not.  Demo (Corvette + Lime Rock) doesn't sell me very well on the game, including large disappointment about the game's graphics engine.

My problem is that I never race online with KRP, so I want something with AI.  And GSC 2013 karts are only OK, physics not up to par with KRP.  Might wait to see how KartSim pans out, or if Assetto Corsa ever gets karts added (Kunos or mods)... if that doesn't happen, I'll probably crack and get rFactor 2 for the sole purpose of karts.

maxrod

Have you tried the latest build of rfactor 2 as it has improved a lot if you go on rfactor2's forum you can find a lot more about the karts with lots of posts, I have tried the GSC 2013 karts and rfactor 2 karts are way better physics.

DjFIL

Quote from: maxrod on April 04, 2014, 02:23:24 PM
Have you tried the latest build of rfactor 2 as it has improved a lot if you go on rfactor2's forum you can find a lot more about the karts with lots of posts, I have tried the GSC 2013 karts and rfactor 2 karts are way better physics.
Yes... I re-downloaded and installed 2-3 days ago.  Still disappointed visually... and the demo's car/track combo doesn't help sell it to me at all either.

maxrod

It would be good to here from people to do a comparison between the two "rfactor2 karts and KRP2".

maxrod

The karts in rfactor2 are built by them and not a mod so you can set them up same way as krp, rfactor 2 karts are way above the standard of the rfactor mod karts.

Taddzy

i do like the look of the but i want to try them without buying rf2. also i dont have the money for it atm
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Andy Iten

Hello kart-racer,

Since January 2011 I have Kart Racing Pro and I have the purchase never regretted . At this time I paid € 22...  :D

I drive also Factor2 since the beginning of the simulation. (Build 49/60)

Well, rF2 to buy due to the kart mod, would a very bad investment... these karts are just not good simulated and I think, there will always a fun-mod to stay. Sorry!

That's just my opinion and I hope, that KRP can be further extended for a big simulation.

Best regards

Andy

Edit: sorry for my english,- google translator.

DrR1pper

July 06, 2014, 09:00:27 AM #13 Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:05:34 AM by DrR1pper
Hi guys,

I made this video only a week or two after the initial release of the karts in rfactor 2 back in March. I was only able to play it for about a month before heading to hong kong for some work over the summer (and still over there). In my opinion, the karts are one of the most impressive mods that the developers (ISI) released at that time (though 2 or 3 other car mods have now been released and people are saying those are also exceedingly good and that there is a new trend of excellent feeling and handling car mods now being release by ISI....hinted by the fact that ISI introduce a chasis flex model into their latest mods which will be included in all the older car mods with time).

The kart physics and handling are very realistic to what i've experienced in karts (which admittedly is not a lot, maybe 7-8 times gone karting ever and since getting rf2, 3 of those times in big 30-40 people heat based races and always finishing on the podium.....this by the way i attribute to rfactor 2 because 2 years ago it sparked my complete interest and passion for motorsports and i've have learnt so much from using rf2 in how to race and drive having never driven before it....the ffb and physics are what keep me going back to it, it is a truly amazing feeling sim imo.)

Anyway, here's my video:

http://youtu.be/IXmHYO0QYO8

and with pedal overlay...

http://youtu.be/IXmHYO0QYO8

SlowRacer

Quote from: DjFIL on April 04, 2014, 05:03:02 PM
Quote from: maxrod on April 04, 2014, 02:23:24 PM
Yes... I re-downloaded and installed 2-3 days ago.  Still disappointed visually... and the demo's car/track combo doesn't help sell it to me at all either.
I like rFactor2 very much because of the FIA F2 car,the Marussia F1 car and the Dallara DW12 Indycar.These cars are very interesting to practice because they haven't so much grip like Open wheeler cars in Assetto Corsa or iRacing.Because in reality also not always and not on any track you have the best grip conditions. The Karts in my opinion in KRP are better for practice than in rFactor2.The Karts in rFactor2 in my opinion in driving behaviour seem to be more like a 11hp hobby Kart than like a Race Kart.