• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:22:10 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Tonykart Steering wheel 2014

Started by Emil114, February 28, 2014, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil114

I wonder if they are going to do tonykarts new steering wheel to krp for they would be awesome +1

fmaisonnave

No it isnt possible because you cant change the wheel,  but piboso MUST have to do it for the next beta i think :D

Birel-Rotax 42

Model it and send it to PiBoSo, I'm sure that if there wasn't any extra work involved it could be implemented in final release. It is really time consuming to create 3 (now 4) sims simultaneously, and creating a steering wheel isn't on top of the priority list. And it isn't as easy as just putting it in a folder, the wheel would need to be put onto the kart model, etc. and it is time consuming to animate it. If you model it, I'm sure we could see it in the next release, but I'm not really sure if it is the priority of PiBoSo to add a steering wheel when all of the great new features (like exhaust smoke, dirt/clay surfaces, etc.) all coming out soon.

fmaisonnave

March 01, 2014, 04:41:27 AM #3 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:01:55 AM by fmaisonnave
Yes corrie but we have paid for this sim and things need to be updated the community dont have to make it all
Not trying to be rude

sam19

i have a 3D cad model of the 2013/14 steering wheel it is currently in solid works format, what format does it need to be in to be sent to PiBoSo to be modelled ?

sam

sam19

Birel-Rotax 42

You have to export to .edf with the mesh, and you have to uvw unwrap it in 3ds max. Plugins for the edf exporter are only for 3ds max, I'm not sure about fbx2edf, but it is in the download for plugins on the website. I would suggest only sending the 3ds max file, so PiBoSo can throw it on the Tony Kart model that is currently in use.

Emil114

sam19

solidowkrs wont let me save it as an EDF what other formats does 3dsmax read?

i have looked and 3dsmax can read STL files and i can save it as that, would that work ?

sam

Emil114

can you guys do so you can have the steering wheel in game for they would be cool

LauZzZn

Quote from: sam19 on March 01, 2014, 03:46:45 PM
solidowkrs wont let me save it as an EDF what other formats does 3dsmax read?

i have looked and 3dsmax can read STL files and i can save it as that, would that work ?

sam

Yes this is possible
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Emil114

Please SAM19 can you do the steering wheel in the game

sam19

ok cool, i currenlty dont have 3dsmax it wont downlaod and install for some reason will try on my mac side later, could anybody have a look if i save it as an STL ?

regards
sam

Emil114

u can download 3dsmax for 30 days testing please fix so we can have the steering wheel in game

Birel-Rotax 42

It astounds me how people won't read the topic before commenting. Thank you to Dr.Karter for telling them, it is, in fact, impossible to put it in without having the 3d model for the chassis, which, as I am aware, have not been released to anyone. To Sam: If you save it as a .fbx or .obj, someone (or you with a student version of MAX) can send it to PiBoSo (message to ask questions for format) and then send it. Thanks for taking this in to your hands, because I know that I don't care enough for the TK steering wheel difference to make a new one. Good job!