• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:04:00 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Dubai Kart Circuit (fantasy circuit)

Started by Birel-Rotax 42, February 17, 2014, 11:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taddzy

Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Birel-Rotax 42

I'll test out the distance. I am thinking I might just add in a chicane before the hotel and take off around 300 meters. So far it is 1956 meters.

Taddzy

i do like the idea of having the yhotel bridge tho
Senior TKM

Birel-Rotax 42

My solution as of now. Gearbox karts can run on the full track, and different layouts will be established, but as of now, this is the best I can do without severely modifying the track. Thoughts? Prayers? Advice?

Taddzy

nice corrie. are u going to make that small hairpin track texture or keep it like it is ? and are u going to put barriers around the out side of the track and boundorys to the track ? and and fix the pit wall so we see the sam in pit as we do outside on track ?
Senior TKM

Birel-Rotax 42

I'll do whatever is most popular. Should the track texture be implemented into the shorter track?
Also, there is now more runoff area and kerbs, barriers etc. nearly all WSK tracks and others that run world class events don't have barriers except for in front of walls and dangerous objects. Plus, there is no need because corner cutting penalties have been implemented.

Taddzy

Senior TKM

LauZzZn

Make the hairpin with barriers but dont put barriers on the track.. You wont cut for sure as the lap just wont count
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Birel-Rotax 42

Ok. I like the "street circuit" feel of it with less grip and a bit of a fast entry into the corner.  I'll add a checkpoint so cutting will  invalidate the lap and give a penalty in a race.

Birel-Rotax 42

In other news, do you guys like the sand as the infield stuff or do you want grass, dirt, etc.?

James Beer

looks very nice, i like the sand as the infield, sort of makes it seem desert like. I think it looks right for Dubai i don't think grass would make it look better. Would be cool if we could do night racing here

Birel-Rotax 42

Somehow on Es Course, there are different skyboxes and settings in the lyt files that make it night-like, and I have messaged PiBoSo, but no response as of now. Maybe I will make an attempt at creating a skybox with a moon in the background. As of now, light posts and other minor details are not implemented, but now I am going to work on the sand texturing around the edge of the track (exit of corners will have some tire marks/little details).

Birel-Rotax 42

Corrupted 3ds max file. Set back is probably a good day or two. I made a backup of it without some details, but I'm really sorry about this new delay.

Birel-Rotax 42

I recovered parts of the file, but there is still a lot that needs to be done to get it back to where it was at. I added a bunch of runoff area, with banking on the runoff similar to Alcianz, but I have a question: In the picture below, there is a green area and a blue area for runoff. If any changes are to be made, what color/logo/design should be put on one, the other, or both of those runoff areas?

phillippe denes