• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:36:06 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Windows 8.1

Started by iamrayman, January 27, 2014, 10:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: maxrod on March 12, 2014, 10:53:26 AM
If you read reviews on windows 8 you would see at the present time to keep away from it and to stuck with windows 7 I have a copy of windows 8 there was lots of programs that would not run on it including 3ds max 2010 with no support to run it, if I was you I would as I did go back to windows 7.

Kart Racing Pro does work on Windows 8, though. The problem is with Windows 8.1 only.

willhillyard

Spent today trying to get around this - no joy :(

Any news on the update to fix the bug? Do you have a timescale at all please?

Thanks

iVersOne

I have KRP on Windows 8.1 , and he work perfectly ! ;)

rich32g

Quote from: iVersOne on March 19, 2014, 03:05:24 PM
I have KRP on Windows 8.1 , and he work perfectly ! ;)

With what wheel, though? The issue only seems to effect Logitech and Fanatec users?

If you have either and yours is working, you may be able to be more constructive and help Piboso solve the issue.....

rich32g

April 08, 2014, 04:24:15 PM #19 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:27:49 PM by rich32g
Issue fixed with new beta?

EDIT: Found the answer is no.

PiBoSo

Quote from: rich32g on April 08, 2014, 04:24:15 PM
Issue fixed with new beta?

EDIT: Found the answer is no.

What graphics card are you using?

Piers Prior

April 09, 2014, 04:49:13 PM #21 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:51:14 PM by Hispinkness Prior
Piboso, I think it might be firwall problem or similar, I am thinking this because the game only ever crashes when I am online. I have been doing some testing lately and it never seems to crash. I have actively tried to crash the game in testing but it wont, it must therefore be something to do with windows 8.1 trying to prevent a virus and mistaking krp for a virus scanning your data due to the prolonged internet usage.
Just to let everyone know I have found a small workaround, krp will only crash if you try and use a function (e.g. low speed or text chat or exiting to garage) while stationary. As long as you are moving krp doesnt crash. Just make sure you are going at a decent speed whenever you try and do somthing other than drive and it almost never crashes.
Anyway hope this helps some of you
Piers
The world is your lobster

Diddy4957

With Windows 80.1 I get a problem 8 didn't give which is when I load the game it sees it as an untrusted system and blocks it, so I have to manually tell the computer to run it anyway. Then randomly when loading the online, or after being on track a new kart the game crashes. May be something to do with what Piers said?

PiBoSo

Windows 8.1 Update 1 seems to fix the problem.

iamrayman

Appears to have fixed it for me.