• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:35:49 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Fix Controls setup

Started by Rick Lopatic, December 06, 2010, 11:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lopatic

I wont be buying this. I'm going to tell everyone I know not to buy it too. Just another game where people wont do the work before they release it. FIX YOUR CONTROL SETUP !!!

brt900

December 06, 2010, 11:55:22 PM #1 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:57:46 PM by PiBoSo
the setup works fine. press calibrate on the top left and move all controls fully.

PiBoSo

Controls are on top of TODO list for next release.
In the meantime, please try calibrating all of your peripherals before assigning controls. There are 2 arrows on top of calibration page to cycle between plugged inputs.

Rick Lopatic

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 06, 2010, 11:57:32 PM
Controls are on top of TODO list for next release.
In the meantime, please try calibrating all of your peripherals before assigning controls. There are 2 arrows on top of calibration page to cycle between plugged inputs.

I know how to configure controls. I have a G25 with a Load Cell Brake and Bodnor Box. I play iRacing-GTR EVO-rFactor-GT Legends-NASCAR 2003 and I never had a problem like this ever.

PiBoSo

December 07, 2010, 12:28:58 AM #4 Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:31:36 AM by PiBoSo
You are probably too upset with the project, but it would be a great help if you could please locate controls.txt and calib.txt to send them to support@kartracing-pro.com

devotid

Quote from: Rick Lopatic on December 06, 2010, 11:46:09 PM
I wont be buying this. I'm going to tell everyone I know not to buy it too. Just another game where people wont do the work before they release it. FIX YOUR CONTROL SETUP !!!

Wow.  Seriously?

MAYBE IF YOU TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND YOUR A COMPLETE ASS H0LE RIGHT AWAY!!!!!IT WOULD SAVE YOU A TON OF TIME!!!!!!I MEAN, GET RIGHT TO IT!!!!!!

Fact:
- Computers only do what you tell them too............Try to wrap your mind around that for a minute......... Then hopefully you will realize what an ass you made of yourself and apologize  when you obviously know it works on hundreds of systems similar to yours.  I have installed it flawlessly on four different systems, running four completely different wheel and pedals combos, on three different operating systems. All of them had no problems calibrating (maybe me and the thirty other people on iRacing that it worked for were just really lucky. huh?)

Plus,  It says beta on the download page aswell...... written right above where you got it for free....

This guy wrote a F-ing sim that rivals many out there.....literally by himself. 

Good luck with the rest of your miserable existence......lol (that means im laughing out loud as i type this....if you didnt know that pops)

Thanks for making iRacing's Amazing community look like a bunch of deuche bags......

JUST MY NOBLE OPINION THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Kevin

Rick Lopatic

Quote from: devotid on December 07, 2010, 05:51:40 AM

Wow.  Seriously?

MAYBE IF YOU TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND YOUR A COMPLETE ASS H0LE RIGHT AWAY!!!!!IT WOULD SAVE YOU A TON OF TIME!!!!!!I MEAN, GET RIGHT TO IT!!!!!!

Fact:
- Computers only do what you tell them too............Try to wrap your mind around that for a minute......... Then hopefully you will realize what an ass you made of yourself and apologize  when you obviously know it works on hundreds of systems similar to yours.  I have installed it flawlessly on four different systems, running four completely different wheel and pedals combos, on three different operating systems. All of them had no problems calibrating (maybe me and the thirty other people on iRacing that it worked for were just really lucky. huh?)

Plus,  It says beta on the download page aswell...... written right above where you got it for free....

This guy wrote a F-ing sim that rivals many out there.....literally by himself. 

Good luck with the rest of your miserable existence......lol (that means im laughing out loud as i type this....if you didnt know that pops)

Thanks for making iRacing's Amazing community look like a bunch of deuche bags......

JUST MY NOBLE OPINION THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Kevin

I'm not the only one with this same problem so get a life punk.

Rick Lopatic

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 07, 2010, 12:28:58 AM
You are probably too upset with the project, but it would be a great help if you could please locate controls.txt and calib.txt to send them to support@kartracing-pro.com

Will do hopefully this will give you the insight you need to fix what's going on here. Thanks

devotid

and your telling me to get a life.

AWESOME!

Rick Lopatic

Quote from: devotid on December 07, 2010, 06:24:31 AM

and your telling me to get a life.

AWESOME!

Just what is it you trying to control. No one was talking to you about anything so why do you feel you have to respond. If you don't want to help just go away and yes find something else to do fan boy.

devotid

you missed the whole point sir.

Do not go places acting like a child and being rude....then dropping every name in the book, like that makes you worthy of being rude.

thats all. 

He offered a unfinished product (beta) and then you thrashed him for releasing an unfinished product.........think about it. ???

Wulle

Lol, this forum is populated since two days and the community already splits into fanboys and complainers. That was quick ...  8)

Rick, maybe you can give a hint, what type of problem you've got with the controller setup? Your description remembers me of the funny message exchange between air force pilot and the maintanance crew:

• Problem: ''Something loose in the cockpit.'
  • Solution: ''Something tightened in the cockpit.''

Btw: Controller setup worked fine here (G25 wheel + VPP pedals). Even my 3-Monitor setup using TH2Go was working from scratch.

Rick Lopatic

Wulle I can Calibrate my G25 but once I go out to assign controls the sim will not recognize my wheel outside calibration.

It will see the pedals. I have a Load Cell and Bodnar Box on G25 pedals. Axis RY J1 comes up under Steer and when I go to Throttle Steer goes to Unassigned and Throttle goes to Axis RY J1.Thanks man

Wulle

Ah, I see. Yesterday I got a similar problem when assigning axes/buttons. After calibrating the G25 / VPP (needs to be done individually) I was not able to assign the steering axis.

Later I found out that the shifter was still in reverse gear position. That was causing the auto-detection to not work properly (i guess, because it was thinking i was continuesly pressing a button). After putting the shifter to neutral I was able to successfully assign steering and remaining controls.

Maybe this control-auto-detection-thing is a little bit too sensitive for your setup (guess the bodnar box makes it even more ... noisy)? The bodnar box is only an adapter cable, or? Does assigning of controls work without the bodnar box?

Rick Lopatic

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 07, 2010, 12:28:58 AM

Sent Files yesterday. Thanks.