• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:26:08 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Race length

Started by Piers Prior, December 19, 2013, 09:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piers Prior

I think it would be good if instead of instead choosing race % when hosting a server we should be able to choose number of laps or time, this would not only make choosing litres of fuel easier for the drivers, but also we could run endurance races in the fs250 for example.
it would also be good to have a simple pitstop option if the server owner made it an endurance race. You should be able to go to pits press a button and your tires and fuel would be changed in about 2-3 minutes like the le mans 24 hour kart race.
Maybe the pitstop is a bit much but if we were able to disable tire wear and fuel usage then we could run endurance races.
What do you think?
Piers
The world is your lobster

nmpcs

I love that idea.
we could better know the race lenght just by changing from % to laps.
As for the pit stop, in my opinion that option would be an awesome add too.
It just doesn't feel right to have good pit environment, etc. if we can't use it properly.
Endurance is a good way to implement pit stops

Nice one :)

oppolo

how you can think about endurance races when I have NEVER seen (apart when I was hosting) a server with full lenght  ;D , and a full lenght is about 15-20 minutes only!  ;D http://stats.kartracing-pro.com/servers.php

Piers Prior

People would run endurance championships or leagues. (I would make one)
The pit stops would not have to be complicated, there doesn't have to be any animation. There could be a mapping command in the inputs in setting for pit stops, you have to be stopped off circuit and press the pre set button for 2 seconds to use it and it second oils be a set time per thing e.g. 30seconds per wheel and 10 seconds per litre of fuel or somthing. Even if that was too complex to make then it could be you must have full fuel added and four tires changed every time and it is a set length of time like 2 minutes or somthing.
The kart should be locked still when the pit stop is happening and there should be a count down timer on screen, we dont need a visual like tires moving or anything like that.
The world is your lobster

nmpcs

I have played some full lenght races and it was crowded.
I think people tend to enter a server that has at least 2 guys playing, whether it's 20% or full race.
It's about being able to do a proper race instead of how many laps there is, so I think that endurance would be fine, especially with a new feature like that.
Everybody would want to try it