• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:28:33 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Unussual bug

Started by snosno15, December 14, 2013, 02:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flamber

Well,Angelo(guess that's ur real name lol)..I can't help you then..I did exactly the same what I wrote and everything seemed to be working fine..Another thing you can try it go "To Track" without auto-centering the wheel..I mean,leave the centering to the game and turn off the FFB.Because I've also noticed(maybe you've noticed it too) that when the crash happens,the auto-centering turns off automatically.

Good luck.

snosno15

IVE FIXED THE BUG!!!! DELETE WINDOWS 8.1, INSTALL WINDOWS 7, AND IT WORKS.. The game doesnt fully support windows 8.1 yet...

Flamber

Congratulations! :) Forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

nmpcs

The only problem I had with windows 8.1 was a missing .dll
Downloaded the OpenAl installation file and all was fixed.

No FFB problems, no go to track crashes or anything.
It's working fine here.

Flamber

Well,then it looks like that everything depends on luck. :D And destiny.. :D

nmpcs

HamletBandit (tonykartmini)

i have the exact same problem just got 8.1 and get runtime error tried everything please can anybody send me the openal download link for the dll

nmpcs

thanks for your help but unfortunately it made no difference still waiting to hear from piboso any other ideas thanks?

nmpcs

I have krp working under windows 7 and 8
I had no problems with windows 7, I just installed and played.
With windows 8 (or 8.1) I only got a missing dll which was fixed by installing the openal.

Normally game crashes are fixed just by updating the graphic card's driver.

It's not because of windows 8 that you can't get it to work. I tried it on x86 and x64 versions and all was fine.
It must be something else...

how do i chose what bit version i need (32 or 64)??
thankyou

nmpcs

Well, 32 bit Windows can only manage about 3gb RAM if i'm not mistaken, it doesn't matter if you have 8gb installed...
64 bit windows will manage beyond that, so if you have 4gb or more you should install this version so you can take the maximum of your RAM

nmpcs

January 08, 2014, 10:50:41 AM #27 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:52:39 AM by nmpcs
oh, but before installing a x64 version, make sure that your hardware is 64 bit capable.

my hardware is capable got 8gb of ram haha how do i get a 64 bit version?

Birel-Rotax 42