• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:58:34 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

UK Karters

Started by Slushy, November 18, 2013, 11:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slushy

Hello UK Karters,

I've been told that all the UK kart drivers have or are switching to KRP.
I only downloaded the DEMO yesterday, so im still currently using rFactor as there's a lot more mods I still use at this time.

The reason why I'm posting here, is that I have some Bob's Track Builder experience. I think If I can get the help from the UK Kart Drivers by taking pictures of the trackside buildings and barriers etc. We can start making the UK kart tracks. The conversion process through 3ds max looks fairly straight forward, but I wont beable to test the tracks in KRP as it's only the DEMO.

I think the first track has to be a simple UK kart track first, so that I can learn the conversion process.
Let me know which track we should start with, and then I will start.

:)

James Beer

maybe bayford meadows is a good track to start with? not many track side objects and simple layout but still a great track

Andreas.L

I want a track that they run in superone, like larkhall or gyg
I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.

-Ayrton Senna ♥

Marco Dakic

In 2 Years we will be have all Karting Tracks :DD
3D Modeling :D

ChrisTimps

A basic Teesside Autodrome should be quite simple. A lot of subtle bumps, elevation and surface changes on the actual track though.

Slushy

Been reading the forum and googling.

Bayford Meadow looks easy enough. A few subtle elevation changes on the youtube videos. No one's been asking for it though.
LarkHall/Summerlee Raceway. Some one is in the final stages of completing it, so no need start another version.
Glan Y Gors, seems lots of people have started it, but I have no idea what stage they're upto. not sure what to do?

Teesside, a few people have asked for it. No one seems to have started it. Looks like a good candidate, but no decent pictures of the buildings and the terrain in the middle of the club circuit for terrain elevation. The youtube videos only point at 6 metres of tarmac infront of the kart, so no good for terrain.

What ever track I do, I will start Saturday. Early indications look like Teesside, as noone else has started it.
;)

HamletBandit (tonykartmini)

from somebody whos raced at all these tracks best one to do would be shennington

CRGDK37

Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b

Marco Dakic

But Making tracks in gooood Quality Please :D

Slushy

Hmmm,

Someone seems to of made Shenington, and it looks pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRMjrYddxI

LauZzZn

it doenst look good enough for krp and we dont have any access. just do it
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

ChrisTimps

Quote from: Slushy on November 20, 2013, 12:01:24 AM
Been reading the forum and googling.

Bayford Meadow looks easy enough. A few subtle elevation changes on the youtube videos. No one's been asking for it though.
LarkHall/Summerlee Raceway. Some one is in the final stages of completing it, so no need start another version.
Glan Y Gors, seems lots of people have started it, but I have no idea what stage they're upto. not sure what to do?

Teesside, a few people have asked for it. No one seems to have started it. Looks like a good candidate, but no decent pictures of the buildings and the terrain in the middle of the club circuit for terrain elevation. The youtube videos only point at 6 metres of tarmac infront of the kart, so no good for terrain.

What ever track I do, I will start Saturday. Early indications look like Teesside, as noone else has started it.
;)

Teesside is effectively my local track, our club race there a lot :) If you need anything then let me know and I'll try and sort it out for you (although we probably won't be going back until the new year).

Marco Dakic

Quote from: Slushy on November 21, 2013, 01:49:13 PM
Hmmm,

Someone seems to of made Shenington, and it looks pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRMjrYddxI

Its not tooooo bad but not really good, when you see the textures are bad, the kerbs also not realy good, mostly above the White Line, and most of this was Build with BTB standard Objects :D

I Think you can do it much better

Piers Prior

yea start with shenny ;) it is pretty simple with no real elevation change and is a good track anyway ;)
The world is your lobster

CRGDK37

definitly have blast with Shennington mate +1
Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b