• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:43:11 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta10

Started by laraarsa, November 11, 2013, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

The arm on radiator warms the engine a lot faster. This is used on winter or cold days in real life.

Bayley Bell

Quote from: oppolo on November 14, 2013, 10:19:22 PM
Quote from: oppolo on November 11, 2013, 07:12:29 PM
Quote from: Bayley Bell on November 11, 2013, 07:05:58 PM
What do you guys like more in this beta than beta 9?

give me some days, i am not quick as you guys   ;D

well, after many attempts for a satisfied FFB I say this release is not so bad. FFB in KRP basically is this, is not real feel in the gmotor, useless expect something completely different

finally KZ1 has stronger brakes

I haven't understood what arm on radiator is for

I wasn't online, so I don't know anything about it

It heats up the engine faster, but works well when you combine arm cover and radiator cover in the kart setup.

oppolo

so the hand could be useful during rolling start, do you feel different in power with 10 degrees less of temp?. for me this stuff is strange, liquid cooled engine shoudn't have a thermostat? anyway I know, it exists in real life

Sam

10 degrees for a shifter of the start is worth about half a hp aspecialy if too cooled

Falling for kk like

Clova414

Quote from: Sam on November 15, 2013, 11:08:30 AM
10 degrees for a shifter of the start is worth about half a hp aspecialy if too cooled

quite the opposite actually the only risk of being too cool is cold seizures of the engine from the cylinder head materials not expanding the same as the piston, but being too hot will take away power dramatically...

Sam

If too cold like you said seizures but they loose alot of excelration but too hots pre bad aswell

Falling for kk like

DjFIL

Just tested the new framecap option PiBoSo mentions in the core.ini documentation thread.

[framerate]
cap = 120

I tried 120 frames (makes sense for 60hz monitors)... the frame rate readout in game shows 125.  Tried to bump it down to 115... game still shows 125.  Any ideas?

PiBoSo

Quote from: DjFIL on November 19, 2013, 05:34:37 AM
Just tested the new framecap option PiBoSo mentions in the core.ini documentation thread.

[framerate]
cap = 120

I tried 120 frames (makes sense for 60hz monitors)... the frame rate readout in game shows 125.  Tried to bump it down to 115... game still shows 125.  Any ideas?

Post updated:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=286.msg30487

HornetMaX

I feel a bit dumb but what would be the difference between setting v-sync at 120 (I have a 120Hz screen) and framecap at 120 ?

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

PiBoSo

November 19, 2013, 11:53:08 AM #69 Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:56:05 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 19, 2013, 11:45:05 AM
I feel a bit dumb but what would be the difference between setting v-sync at 120 (I have a 120Hz screen) and framecap at 120 ?

MaX.

In theory, the only difference is that v-sync = 120 fps, cap = 125 fps.
In practice, there could also be differences due to the different waiting used: cap uses a "sleep" function on the CPU, v-sync uses an unknown function in the graphics driver, that could use more CPU or GPU.
The main purpose of the "cap" feature is to save power, especially when not on track.

It's probably better to use v-sync with a 120hz monitor, to avoid tearing.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 19, 2013, 11:53:08 AM
It's probably better to use v-sync with a 120hz monitor, to avoid tearing.
That was my thought too. Not that I notice tearing while playing but ... :)

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2013, 08:38:48 PM
It doesn't seem to be possible to set the leverage on the manual brakes in real life.
The brake setting is for the pedal only.
isn't it possible to set the leverage with those screws?

PiBoSo

November 21, 2013, 03:08:27 PM #72 Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:11:32 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: oppolo on November 20, 2013, 10:32:03 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2013, 08:38:48 PM
It doesn't seem to be possible to set the leverage on the manual brakes in real life.
The brake setting is for the pedal only.
isn't it possible to set the leverage with those screws?

At least one extra attachment point is needed to adjust leverage:

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 21, 2013, 03:08:27 PM

I was thinking that the gray screw, pointed by the arrow, allow the movement of piston in that black pivot

(pensavo che la vite sul manettino, quella grigia indicata dalla freccia, permettesse il movimento del pistoncino che preme sulla pompa, il pistoncino sembra che faccia fulcro su quella vite nera indicata dalla freccia)

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on November 21, 2013, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 21, 2013, 03:08:27 PM

I was thinking that the gray screw, pointed by the arrow, allow the movement of piston in that black pivot

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the leverage ratio.
Maybe it is possible to change the master cylinder, though.