• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:14:48 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Shading Issue

Started by Birel-Rotax 42, September 29, 2013, 05:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birel-Rotax 42

I have no easy way to explain what has happened, but when KRP is open, the preview of the kart is a bit odd. The shadows are funky both on the track and in the viewer. It happens on all karts, and I have uninstalled twice with no success. Can anybody help me troubleshoot this?

FRAOrion

Did you update your graphic driver? I had the same problem after updated it. Try to downgrade it.

James Beer

i have the same problem havent played krp for ages then when i opened it up it looks like this, i can post screenshots later if needed

PiBoSo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on September 29, 2013, 05:53:49 PM
I have no easy way to explain what has happened, but when KRP is open, the preview of the kart is a bit odd. The shadows are funky both on the track and in the viewer. It happens on all karts, and I have uninstalled twice with no success. Can anybody help me troubleshoot this?

It is a known problem with AMD OpenGL drivers.
The issue is under investigation.
In the meantime, a workaround is to downgrade to a previous, correctly working, graphics driver.

Birel-Rotax 42

That explains it, as I just upgraded to a second 7870 in crossfire, so new drivers were necessary. Thanks for the quick reply! You guys are the best!

Sam Flintham

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on September 29, 2013, 09:46:03 PM
That explains it, as I just upgraded to a second 7870 in crossfire, so new drivers were necessary. Thanks for the quick reply! You guys are the best!
hey i had the same problem, download and install this and it should fix it. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/13/Pages/radeon.aspx?os=Windows%20Vista%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition&rev=13.1

PiBoSo

The issue has been investigated, but no solution was found.
The driver doesn't report any error in the shaders.
GPU ShaderAnalyzer and gDebugger don't report any error either.
Trying to change the shaders' code to isolate the bug led to inconsistent behaviour.
So unfortunately the only solution at the moment is still to downgrade to a previous version of the drivers, until AMD will fix OpenGL support.

Birel-Rotax 42

Ok, I will do that. Thanks for the support!

HornetMaX

See my post here, neat workaround for the issue (assuming it is the same problem we see in GP Bikes): http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=3303.msg29786#msg29786

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

HornetMaX

13.11beta8 drivers seems to work just fine.

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

Kimzu97

Shaders are all right with the newest Catalyst 13.12 drivers. :D
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

James Beer

Quote from: Kimzu97 on December 31, 2013, 01:54:58 PM
Shaders are all right with the newest Catalyst 13.12 drivers. :D
How do you get 13.12? Got a r9 270x literally days ago but I only have driver 13.10 which I downloaded from their website

James Beer