• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:38:15 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

What the heck are we doing?

Started by KCSmoke, August 30, 2013, 06:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Cory_bro on September 13, 2013, 04:53:19 PM
not sure if anyone has noticed...but with standard gearing on the KZ ( not sure about other engines) the CRG has 135kph and the other two have 134kph.....and I am pretty sure the tony and birel maxed at 175 and the crg just kept on building speed, not sure if it is still the same....haven't tried maxing a kart out in a slipstream for a while...just something for everyone to look at i guess, if it is still like that it would be great for them all to be the same as the crg

The engines have a slightly different gearing.

Racehard

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 13, 2013, 04:45:56 PM
Quote from: Racehard on September 13, 2013, 02:19:38 PM
I think it has been mentioned once or twice already, but how about a ghost feature? I happened to play simraceway the last few days and really enjoyed hunting my ghost. And it really helps you to better your time/driving.

Kart Racing Pro -> Testing -> Start -> Trainer -> Enable

It's also possible to load trainers.

But I feel bad I didn't know it was already implemented  :-[

Thalenberghen

I don't know if this has changed lately, but I was very annoyed by the slow UI.
I just hated it, when loading a new skin takes 20seconds each time.
Apart from that I really like the game, except for the low number of official tracks.
I hope u get more attention with release of 1.0, you really deserved it.

PiBoSo

September 13, 2013, 08:52:50 PM #33 Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:55:09 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Thalenberghen on September 13, 2013, 08:28:22 PM
Apart from that I really like the game, except for the low number of official tracks.

Loading time has been significantly improved. Still not as fast as it should be, though. It can be further reduced switching to 32bits textures: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1527.msg23106#msg23106

zizkebab

I got this simulator to practice my driving since we don't get much track time where I live.
I found the simulator hard to master. I usually play KF3 which is similar to the Rotax/Cheetah/X30 we have where I drive, and Mini karts which is the most available multiplayer class in the game.

I'm still off pace from many drivers, partially it is my fault but sometimes I noticed that the hotter and more rubbered the track is, it is much easier to drive and I'm on par with other drivers - there's more change than in real life.

Anyways, here are my few cents about what the game needs to give an easy start for new comers:
-> Better multiplayer experience:
* voting is still unclear to me - how to start, what option are available...
* A more forgiving roling start, which is important
* I got disqualafied so many times for speeding because of people pushing me off - it is really frustrating
-> Some initial setup presets (i.e clean track, rubbered track, rain, hot climate) to start with - they don't have to be ideal but will help those who are not hard core into Karting.
I tried applying CRG America kart setup tips (from here http://www.crg-america.com/pdfs/CRG_Kart_Tuning_Manual.pdf) and although they're out of date and not always giving the predicted behavior, they did make a noticable difference when driving.
-> Some tracks (i.e) has point where the kart get stuck on the kerbs. This is really frustrating.

Some things that could be nice:
-> Carburettor adjustment while driving. I have a Logitech driving force GT which has a great dial on the steering wheel for this purpose.
-> Maybe there will be on option to resume a practice to retain a certain track condition (rubber, weather etc.)
-> Yamaha KT100 would be nice but certainly not a top priority

On the plus side -
-> I'm happy with the selection of karts. KF3 is similar enough to other TaG without front brakes, having X30/Rotax/KGP/ROK won't make much difference to me.
-> I like the graphics. Newest and most recent color schemes can be done by 3rd parties. These things don't affect the behavior of the kart after all.
-> Trainer are awesome and really help. If I could associate them with the setup and conditions they were recorded with, that would help. A library of trainers for beginners would also help - I guess that's more of a community feature.

I should mention that I really like the game and if I hadn't had an injured wrist, I would've played it more often.

Cross

KRP needs something to fix it and draw people in. In the past three days of playing other sims and checking here to see if anyone was racing I saw less then half a dozen people online and only twice was there more then one person online at a single moment. This was over a weekend no less when people have time to play games.

I suggest some kind of race or something that does not need others online. There are ways to race people without them needing to be online at the same time. This will bring in racers and have them playing the game able to kill time while they hope someone else might start playing the game. The way it is now you just load up the stats page check the servers see no one is online and move on to something else. On the very rare occasion you might see a person online.

As it stands if no one is online there is absolutely no reason to play KRP. This game does not have the following to survive like this. Looking at Simraceway there can be 30 people online playing the game. You would be lucky out of those 30 to find 5 of the people in one of the quick races or events.  It is not until users online gets well over 50 before you start to easily find 3+ people in a single quick race or event to join. They also have a chat window that is visible/accessible from every game menu so you can easily chat or let others know where you will be racing so they can join you.

It just sucks to see such a great sim with awesome physics suffering because of poor game play.

Leonardo Ratafia

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 13, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Loading time has been significantly improved. Still not as fast as it should be, though. It can be further reduced switching to 32bits textures: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1527.msg23106#msg23106

Hi, my kart.ini looks like this, where do i add the "texture_quality = 1"

[GFX_DEFAULT]
x=800
y=600
bpp=32
fullscreen=1
refresh=0

[SOUND]
driver=0                                                    ; 0 = default
max_sounds=32
efx=1

[master]
server=master.kartracing-pro.com:10600

Aritz

Quote from: zizkebab on September 15, 2013, 03:41:01 PM
I got this simulator to practice my driving since we don't get much track time where I live.
I found the simulator hard to master. I usually play KF3 which is similar to the Rotax/Cheetah/X30 we have where I drive, and Mini karts which is the most available multiplayer class in the game.

I'm still off pace from many drivers, partially it is my fault but sometimes I noticed that the hotter and more rubbered the track is, it is much easier to drive and I'm on par with other drivers - there's more change than in real life.

Anyways, here are my few cents about what the game needs to give an easy start for new comers:
-> Better multiplayer experience:
* voting is still unclear to me - how to start, what option are available...
* A more forgiving roling start, which is important
* I got disqualafied so many times for speeding because of people pushing me off - it is really frustrating
-> Some initial setup presets (i.e clean track, rubbered track, rain, hot climate) to start with - they don't have to be ideal but will help those who are not hard core into Karting.
I tried applying CRG America kart setup tips (from here http://www.crg-america.com/pdfs/CRG_Kart_Tuning_Manual.pdf) and although they're out of date and not always giving the predicted behavior, they did make a noticable difference when driving.
-> Some tracks (i.e) has point where the kart get stuck on the kerbs. This is really frustrating.

Some things that could be nice:
-> Carburettor adjustment while driving. I have a Logitech driving force GT which has a great dial on the steering wheel for this purpose.
-> Maybe there will be on option to resume a practice to retain a certain track condition (rubber, weather etc.)
-> Yamaha KT100 would be nice but certainly not a top priority

On the plus side -
-> I'm happy with the selection of karts. KF3 is similar enough to other TaG without front brakes, having X30/Rotax/KGP/ROK won't make much difference to me.
-> I like the graphics. Newest and most recent color schemes can be done by 3rd parties. These things don't affect the behavior of the kart after all.
-> Trainer are awesome and really help. If I could associate them with the setup and conditions they were recorded with, that would help. A library of trainers for beginners would also help - I guess that's more of a community feature.

I should mention that I really like the game and if I hadn't had an injured wrist, I would've played it more often.

Very good points and very well argued.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Leonardo Ratafia on September 24, 2013, 03:00:41 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on September 13, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Hi, my kart.ini looks like this, where do i add the "texture_quality = 1"

[GFX_DEFAULT]
x=800
y=600
bpp=32
fullscreen=1
refresh=0

[SOUND]
driver=0                                                    ; 0 = default
max_sounds=32
efx=1

[master]