• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:04:42 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

What the heck are we doing?

Started by KCSmoke, August 30, 2013, 06:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diddy4957

For me its the netcode and the start procedure that are the most important fixes for the game, after that most things like classes and bodyworks can be moded in if people want to put in the time and effort. A big problem is that we cant race tracks with bridges as there is a glitch where all but the pole man are disqualified when going over a bridge.

Cross

September 02, 2013, 08:39:21 AM #16 Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:42:40 AM by Cross
Quote from: Sam on September 01, 2013, 01:27:39 PM
This sim is for kart practising so stop saying make it more simple because this is all about the little details!!!!!!

This game needs to gain popularity Piboso even said it himself. Having the latest steering wheel is not going to do that. If you play a game for the color of the steering wheel you will not be around long. It is the game play that keeps people and brings in new people. As the game sits now I feel it has about maxed out in the people that will play it. Most karters(who this game in current form targets) I talk to know about the game, and have tried it or have no interest in it. People that race other simulators that I have talked to, do not like how the game plays so they stay away from it.

Just look at how many people play the game when a new version comes out. Then look at how quickly they become bored of it and stop playing. This has nothing to do with the graphic kits on the karts or the steering wheel. They all come to see if the game has improved, then move on when there is really nothing to keep them playing.

nmpcs

Quote from: Diddy4957 on September 02, 2013, 12:50:01 AM
For me its the netcode and the start procedure that are the most important fixes for the game, after that most things like classes and bodyworks can be moded in if people want to put in the time and effort. A big problem is that we cant race tracks with bridges as there is a glitch where all but the pole man are disqualified when going over a bridge.
I agree with you.
Netcode, standing starts and fixing the problems with the bridges. Those are the main things to work on right now

IceMan11

Quote from: nmpcs on September 02, 2013, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: Diddy4957 on September 02, 2013, 12:50:01 AM
I agree with you.
Netcode, standing starts and fixing the problems with the bridges. Those are the main things to work on right now

YES!!! That way, we can finally race at PF International. :D
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

nmpcs

Yeah
oh, and one other thing... we need more than ten kart classes selectable as there are plenty available and we can't select them properly.

DjFIL

If AI isn't going to happen... I'd love to see in-game (not via the stats website) hot lap competition/leaderboards.  Forza 4 added Rivals Mode, and I never had so much fun as my friends went back and forth trying to take the lead spot away from each other.  5-10 minute sessions would be best for KRP.  First session you just set your best lap, no ghost seen.  Later sessions, you can pick a friend or anyone on the leaderboard to have as a ghost to race against (if you want to race against #1, or the guy 2-3 places ahead of your current time).  Really addictive, and great tool to help improve your times.  Would be great to have this for when online isn't an option; don't have time to commit, or not enough players online at that given time.

You should consider putting your games on Steam Greenlight, and use Steam Workshop for mod installs/management.  Being on Steam might be your ticket to get more exposure.  However going on Steam without AI available, might be a failure to the broad audience.

KZ2_Iceman97

There are so many things this game needs and so many things each and everyone of us want in it, the ability to do things like standing starts, arm over radiator, have ceramic or steel brake discs and feel the difference, have classes like Rotax, DD2, X30, Kt100, etc, tracks from outside of Europe, proper arm movements (moving your arm to adjust brake bias, arm over radiator, squeezing the fuel line) the list is endless on what we want for the game and what I have mentioned are just examples eveeryone could go on about what is needed and wanted for days on end
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

tsm21

for me i think we need to make all the karts the same because i dont know about anyone else but i always seem to be the fastest in the crg over the other karts but apart from that netcode and engine sounds :)

Cory_Hayes

....Crg, Tony and Birel, in real life, all feel different, and it isn't so much that the CRG is the fastest, its just you have got a setup that works on it, I can make the tony and birel go as fast as a crg.

jd88x89

Quote from: CRGDK37 on August 31, 2013, 11:43:19 PM
For me

1. Update the out of date default skins/karts including new steering wheels for all chassis, graphics, suits, so 2013 including possibly 2014 now new CRG graphics and suit have been released, and also things like the new OTK pedals and stuff like that, little details

2. to have cut through's on rolling up laps to stop you from driving miles around the circuit especially when someone taps you round so you have to do it allll again

3. definitely new FP7 bodywork as so many karts have this now

4. movable rad blinds which all players can see

5 SOUNDS - this is big for me as all karts seem to sound very similar when each engine in real have very distinctive tones/sounds, for instance the KF1 burble when power is applied or the KZ burble when the drivers lift off ( i dont know exactly, ive never driven either of them)

6.? Night racing?

Cross

We need events like this!

Simraceway Karting World Championships

simraceway.com

4 week long events where you have the entire week to put in your best race time. Just did the first challenge last night. 22 laps, if you stay consistent just under 20 minutes of driving. A challenge event like this requires much more skill then just a simple hot lap event. You have to maintain your lap times .5 a second a lap over 22 laps can put you off the back in no time.

The only reason I am not there driving all the time vs here is the Simraceway kart does not really feel like a kart.

KCSmoke

What exactly do you guys mean by "net code"?
      Also, it would be nice if there was an updated GUI within the sim that showed event leader boards etc...without having to exit the sim and go to a separate webpage.

Racehard

I think it has been mentioned once or twice already, but how about a ghost feature? I happened to play simraceway the last few days and really enjoyed hunting my ghost. And it really helps you to better your time/driving.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on September 13, 2013, 02:19:38 PM
I think it has been mentioned once or twice already, but how about a ghost feature? I happened to play simraceway the last few days and really enjoyed hunting my ghost. And it really helps you to better your time/driving.

Kart Racing Pro -> Testing -> Start -> Trainer -> Enable

It's also possible to load trainers.

Cory_Hayes

not sure if anyone has noticed...but with standard gearing on the KZ ( not sure about other engines) the CRG has 135kph and the other two have 134kph.....and I am pretty sure the tony and birel maxed at 175 and the crg just kept on building speed, not sure if it is still the same....haven't tried maxing a kart out in a slipstream for a while...just something for everyone to look at i guess, if it is still like that it would be great for them all to be the same as the crg