• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:22:45 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Backwards

Started by James Beer, July 26, 2012, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

i think it would be pretty cool if we had the option on the game to reverse the tracks. i dont know about your feelings on this but i feel it would be good as rye house is execllent backwards. you can go round tracks backwards on your own but you cant in a race or anything. by backwards i dont mean driving backwards i mean turning the tracks backwards so the grid is the otherside of the start line.

i would be good to hear your views
comment below
many thanks

LIAM-36-AUS

i have been thinking about that!    :o      it would be so cool!   +1

James Beer

it would give more of a variety i think

maxrod

It is possible if the people who build the track wanted to reverse them, I haven't got the time, But yes it would be good.

fdg1997

I Like this idea!! +1

jd88x89

Andreas.L

I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.

-Ayrton Senna ♥

IceMan11

There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

phillippe denes

PiBoSo

It should be simple enough to create a backward version of any track.

1: unpack the track if it is in a PKZ
Then there are 2 ways to create it, the best is:
2: inside the track folder, create a directory with name "reverse"
3: copy the track INI, TRP and TSC files inside the new directory, and rename them to "reverse"
4: open the TRP file in TrackEd and create a new, backward, centerline and merge it
5: generate the surface and overwrite reverse.trp
6: create the new race data ( saving it in the new folder with name "reverse.rdf" )
7: edit reverse.ini ( not all fields are needed, see lonato/short/short.ini for an example )
final touches:
8: add a track map
9: adjust the cameras
10: add layout objects and marshals