• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:36:25 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Downloading/installing instructions

Started by thekid44, December 06, 2010, 06:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekid44

Hi, I am having issues downloading and installing the demo. I clicked on "mirror 2", then clicked "run", then it downloads, then what? I am extremely lost on how to install and get the demo going. I have windows 7. Thanks. Looks like an awesome sim and am itching to try it!

Snappe

December 06, 2010, 07:56:02 PM #1 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:58:33 PM by Snapper
You're probably better off selecting 'Save As' instead of 'Run'. When it's finished downloading, find krp-beta1.exe, right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'.

thekid44

So if i click "save" then i save it to my c:/ drive but it says i'm not authorized or its locked. It sends it to some random file. Thanks Snapper!

Snappe

You should be able to save it to your documents folder, or desktop.

thekid44

I think i got it now. Still downloading. It takes forever with my computer for some reason. Hopefully by tonight. Then once its in my docs, do the "run as admin" deal and i should be all set. But do I need to move it from my docs? or just install there? What i am asking is is there a certain place that the .exe needs to be when i install so files are distributed correctly? Hopefully this thread will help other noobies. Thanks again snapper

Snappe

December 06, 2010, 10:16:28 PM #5 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:20:04 PM by Snapper
Run it from wherever you downloaded it to, follow installer instructions. Let us all know if 'run as admin' does the trick!

thekid44

thekid44

Got it downloaded, everything works fine. But, i turn it on again for another go around and it wont recognize my pedals or wheel, but it will recognize the buttons on the wheel. Any ideas?