• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:47 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

AndroidDash

Started by NOP, July 21, 2013, 09:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOP

July 21, 2013, 09:41:34 PM Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:25:13 PM by NOP
Android device and WiFi Network is required to run application. I know this significantly reduces size of target group but as we are in biggest PiBoSo community I hope there will be couple people wanting to help.

This release is simply supposed to check if project work on different types of machines without any issues. Also any feedback regarding installation process would be appreciated.

Download:
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/027e3c2ba0e165d2c85d6ae

Description:
AndroidDash consist of game plugin and android device application. It uses WiFi network to send telemetry data to simple dash displayed over phone screen.

Installation:
1. Download and unpack files.
2. Move 'AndroidDash.dlo' and 'AndroidDash.ini' to 'plugins' folder located inside your Kart Racing Pro installation directory.
3. Install 'AndroidDash.apk'. Probably easiest way is to send program to your gmail account. Using your phone you can open message and use 'install' button.
- It may be required to enable option allowing you to install applications from outside android market
- Application will use port 5000 (for now hardcoded)
4. Start program and press 'get device IP' button (remember to have your phone connected to network).
5. Write assigned IP of your phone in 'AndroidDash.ini' file.
6. Start game and go to track (plugin will send packets only when vehicle is on track).
7. Press 'Start listener' button. If everything works layout buttons should become active.

This is how both dash layouts should look like:

Styled after formula renault 2.0 display layout shows basic vehicle information like: RPM, speed, gear, fuel left and temperatures. There is also LiveSplit that shows difference to your best lap on any point on track.

This layout shows previous lap and sector times. Also it displays difference to best sector and lap time.

Lap graph can store information about 40 entries allowing you to analyze pace of previous laps and sectors. Graph can also display used setup names so it's possible to check how particular setup affected your times.

Big thanks to dibu for help in initial testing and bug fixing.

LauZzZn

any plans for iphone/ipad? cause i only use iphone and ipad .. would love to have this on my idevice!!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

July 21, 2013, 10:01:52 PM #2 Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:05:18 PM by Intrepid James
Quote from: LauZzZn on July 21, 2013, 09:55:13 PM
any plans for iphone/ipad? cause i only use iphone and ipad .. would love to have this on my idevice!!

hey lauzzzn at the moment im working with the guys at sinspeed, who are creating support for krp + other piboso titles for i-products , so dont worry it will come

Leonardo Ratafia

July 21, 2013, 10:30:25 PM #3 Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:04:45 PM by Leonardo Ratafia
thank you very much!!! i will try it right now!
here is how it looks on a 7" tablet with android 2.3.1

it's not centered but it's not bad

eralp

oh finally somebody do this

thank you, really

Leonardo Ratafia

some suggestions (if possible):

- change between layouts by tapping the screen (dash / times)
- adjust or center to fit bigger screens

PiBoSo

Quote from: NOP on July 21, 2013, 09:41:34 PM
Android device and WiFi Network is required to run application. I know this significantly reduces size of target group but as we are in biggest PiBoSo community I hope there will be couple people wanting to help.

This release is simply supposed to check if project work on different types of machines without any issues. Also any feedback regarding installation process would be appreciated.

Big thanks to dibu for help in initial testing and bug fixing.

Thank you!

prostix

Thats really good but i've an iPod Touch V, when we have an iPod/iPhone version ?

laraarsa

Windows Phone support for me please :D

NOP

July 22, 2013, 03:24:20 PM #10 Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:55:10 PM by NOP
Quote from: Leonardo Ratafia on July 21, 2013, 11:52:17 PM
some suggestions (if possible):

- change between layouts by tapping the screen (dash / times)
- adjust or center to fit bigger screens

Thanks for help!

Can you check if this version fixes elements position?
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/0809dd506ea94a39c763e75/androiddash

Changing layouts with screen tapping is also good idea but I will need a bit more time for that.

EDIT:
Small clarification from my side:
iPhone - (closed system that require mac to even start thinking about writing anything) In second post @Intrepid James said that he is making his version.
windows phone - actually is not that bad... but I don't have that phone type and no way to test it.
So for the sake of transparency I think this thread should be only about Android/bugs/ideas.

NOP

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/19ed218ccf8c97fa1d23762

- Tapping screen changes layout.
- Fixed layouts initialization.

For now I'm not editing first post because I don't know how stable is this version.

PiBoSo

Quote from: NOP on July 22, 2013, 07:15:56 PM
http://www.sendspace.pl/file/19ed218ccf8c97fa1d23762

- Tapping screen changes layout.
- Fixed layouts initialization.

For now I'm not editing first post because I don't know how stable is this version.

Amazing.
A couple remarks:
1) shouldn't the program go back to "Waiting" when going back to pits?
2) it seems that if you change track, the laps and splits are not reset

prostix

I'm sorry but i change the folder .dlo and i can't remove this, because i open this with "bloc-notes" and  i don't know to change that.
Can you help me please !

NOP

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 22, 2013, 08:43:12 PM
1) shouldn't the program go back to "Waiting" when going back to pits?
Do you mean that program should exit layout and display main screen?

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 22, 2013, 08:43:12 PM
2) it seems that if you change track, the laps and splits are not reset
Thank you! That will be fixed.

Quote from: prostix on July 22, 2013, 08:46:17 PM
I'm sorry but i change the folder .dlo and i can't remove this, because i open this with "bloc-notes" and  i don't know to change that.
Can you help me please !
Could you please rephrase it? Because I don't think I understand you.
You should not try to edit '.dlo' file. Configuration file '.ini'  can be opened with standard windows notepad.