• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:02:09 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

For an undying KRP ...

Started by Vaillant, June 28, 2013, 01:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaillant

June 28, 2013, 01:12:45 PM Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:53:08 PM by Vaillant
... Mr. PiBoSo, create a Time Attack Mode!!! ... please  :'(

Mandatory Features

1) Performance session of 15 minutes FIXED
2) weather 20°C, clear, dry FIXED
3) Hard Core Mode (visual-tyres-helps) FIXED
4) An Export File (automatically generated?) certifying point 1-2-3, schedule of performance, track, kart, best time and penalizations
5) Replay of the best lap (automatically generated?) couse now the sim allows to go out of the track with more then "classical" two wheels

..... ok?  ;)

P.S. Suggestions?

eralp

yeah we need hotlap events like you said

nmpcs

I'm waiting too for new hotlap events.
We had one very successeful one created by diBu for the x30.
You don't know how I'm missing that...
And now that we have more karts available, we should get an event like that

Cross

We need hot lap and multi lap events. I personally do not like hot lap events. It allows okay drivers to get a lucky fast lap but then the next ten laps they cannot get withing half a second of their fast lap. Events like the ones I have been keeping track of in the 30% race challenge. You are solo on the track but your times can be used to apply to a race that others are doing. Makes for fun racing look at how tight the times are, driving for 5+ minutes and trying to be a few tenths of a second faster over all then the next guy. 

Sam Flintham

Diddy4957

The hot lap event by diBu did have a multi lap event in it as well as hot lap

nmpcs

Diddy4957 is right.
It was not only about hotlapping, you also gained points for multilapping (best 5 lap run), maximum speed on track, most laps made and theoretical best time (sum of all best sectors).
All those points would be added in the end of an event and in the end of all events, one champion was crowned...
It really was a very nice and complete championship :)

Vaillant

June 29, 2013, 03:07:12 PM #7 Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:52:34 PM by Vaillant
Quote from: Sam Flintham on June 29, 2013, 10:09:53 AM
Brilliant idea  :)
Ehm ..... what? Mine or Cross's one?  ;)

Ok mates, I'll try (with my poor english) to explain my thought hoping no create misunderstanding.
The "question" in KRP is exactly the greatest (IMHO) of its features: dynamic track surface groove buildup.
This feature is GREAT in multy competition against other players but NOT ALL want/can/have the time to play in a League or in a Championship .....
On the other hand ALL can find a moment to launch a "Time Attack" or something like "Cross Challenge"  :) but in this case dynamic track surface groove buildup makes the difference.
Practically:
- if one player's PB in Lonato with KF1 is 41''999 after 100 laps and another player's PB is 42''000 made after 5 laps ... who's the winner?
- if I make 7' in Lonato with KF1 in a 33% race after 15' of qualifying session and another player makes the same time but after 70 laps of practice, 1 hour of qualifying session and a first race .... who's the "skilled"?
I prefere of course Cross Challenge than a simple/classical Time Attack (in CC I can get 2 PB vs the only one of TA, in CC I have to be consistan and not only fast or ... lucky) but only if the race begins with the same or closely the same rubber on the track for all and this is possible only if there are no practice session, no qualifying session, no first race before the Challenge or we have  one simple qualifying session with a FIXED number of laps.
Of course in a "challenge without challengers" on track, like a TA or a CC,  practice and qualifying sessions aren't really essential  ;)

Cross

Piboso needs to take a serious look at vrcpro.com It a RC car racing simulator. The racing in that simulator is amazing. Most of it happens with you driving solo on the track not head to head. There is the option for multi player races but being at the mercy of others being online it is not very popular. And there are some groups that arrange races with friends to be online all at the same time like KRP.

The racing VRC Pro has is identical to what a real RC race would be with qualifiers, heats, and mains. The difference being events take place over periods of time ranging from a week to months and even some year long point series. I have seen events with 300+ racers in just a span of 5 days. Racers are classified on skill level and you can see your results based on that or your overall placing. The events run for a span of days and in that time you have a set number of tries to put in your best time. The races are timed so you have something like 6 minutes to do as many laps as possible. Then your best result is placed in a leader board showing where you would have placed.

The larger events the qualifiers are run like what I described above and then they take a certain number of drivers to the next round and run things again for about a week. The will do this a few times(usually events are 4 weeks) narrowing things down to the top 10. Then the top ten get a week to run the main event. They are placed on the grid in their qualifying position(standing starts) even though you are the only one driving at the time. This simulates starting like you would in an actual race so qualifying better gives you an advantage. After the event is finished they have taken all the replays and put them into one replay and you have what looks like a ten car race even though none of the racing was done with more then one car on the track.

This video is a from an event. When each driver was doing this they were solo on the track then they took all the replays and combined them to show what the race would have looked like if they ran at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RxQiU49zAK4#at=35

Being able to race like this means if you have a half hour of spare time you can sit down and do a race. You do not have to sit and wait for others to be online, then wait for them to want to actually race and not just practice. You also get the feel of a real race with your number of tries to put in a fast time being limited. When you get to the finals and only have 3 tries to put in your best time you get nerves just like when you sit on the starting grid for real. You get all the aspects of a real race, having to put in a fast time with cold tires of a standing start or rolling start, then keep things consistent until the checkered flag flies.

Here is a screen shot of one of the leader boards. This is one of there weekly series, you have a week and 50 tries to put in your best time.

You can see all kinds of ways to filter results, nationality of drivers, racer level, just your "friends" in the game, etc. The rankings on the site([url]vrcworld.com]/url] let you know exactly who the top drivers are and where you personally rank. In the leader board you can click on any two drivers and compare their times lap by lap, it even shows a bar graph of how far behind or ahead the drivers are from each other. The game even tracks incidents like crashing into barriers and estimated time lost. The racing is so realistic that last year they had a long event over several months and the winner got a full sponsorship to race at the real RC World Championships. The guy that wont he event and went to the Worlds ended up finishing about in the middle of the field at the World Championships. It just shows you how not being on the track with others it still simulated racing extremely well.     

Events like this let you the racer be as serious as you want to be with your racing. You are not at the mercy of trying to find others that want to race like you do. All to often on Kart Racing Pro you end up racing with people that just want to goof around with their buddies. 

I hope I was able to explain this in a somewhat understandable way.

Vaillant

VRC- PRO .... another great sim!

Vaillant

Clova414

Quote from: nmpcs on June 29, 2013, 12:56:22 PM
Diddy4957 is right.
It was not only about hotlapping, you also gained points for multilapping (best 5 lap run), maximum speed on track, most laps made and theoretical best time (sum of all best sectors).
All those points would be added in the end of an event and in the end of all events, one champion was crowned...
It really was a very nice and complete championship :)
this seems to be the best and most fair method
+1

Vaillant

Quote from: nmpcs on June 29, 2013, 12:56:22 PM... It really was a very nice and complete championship
Of course it's welcome any championship we organize, but I talk about something ... undying and a championship starts and finishes.
On the other hand something like a "Cross Challenge" or an "HotLaps Rank", never ends.

nmpcs

Quote from: Vaillant on July 12, 2013, 10:53:48 AM
Of course it's welcome any championship we organize, but I talk about something ... undying and a championship starts and finishes.
On the other hand something like a "Cross Challenge" or an "HotLaps Rank", never ends.
Now that's what I don't like.
There must be a start and finish to everything, specially when it comes to racing......
An event finish doesn't mean it'll be over "permanently", but "it's over now and let's start another one from scratch."
And there could be many events happening at the same time, so hotlap championships (or what you wanna call it) can too be considered "Undying"

Vaillant

Quote from: nmpcs on July 12, 2013, 03:36:14 PM... There must be a start and finish to everything ...
Who said that? God? Buddha? Socrates?  ;)
Actually there are "undying" hotlaps ranks for every great sim: GPL, NR2003, GTR2, GTL, Race07, nKP, LFS, iR, RT ..... and even in KRP. isn't it?
Anyway what you like doesn't exclude what I like and KRP IMHO is a sim that deserves a great hotlap rank (with a feature* that makes dynamic track surface groove buildup ... the same for all).

* Of course this feature only for "Time Attack" or "Cross Challenge"