• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:55 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

2-faced textures

Started by malny, June 27, 2013, 01:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malny

hello,
I had read a post of PiBoSo saying that the 2-side was not supported ...
but poking around I noticed that the track "LaConca 3d" it has the same effect ...

does anyone know how to do??
see the texure from behind?

I do not know who is the author of that track ...

thanks to all

IceMan11

La Coca 3d is made by Schwoni. ;)
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

LauZzZn

Quote from: IceMan11 on June 27, 2013, 03:26:26 AM
no bud your wrong with that. Berzinque made it as it already says in the title of the track "la conca 3d by berzinque". also i guess he used 2 textures for that. one for the front and one for the back so 2 different objects
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

malny

seemed so well done, I thought that he had found an alternative method for mapped, ;D
ok I create textures ... ;)

IceMan11

Quote from: LauZzZn on June 27, 2013, 08:10:26 AM
Quote from: IceMan11 on June 27, 2013, 03:26:26 AM
no bud your wrong with that. Berzinque made it as it already says in the title of the track "la conca 3d by berzinque". also i guess he used 2 textures for that. one for the front and one for the back so 2 different objects

Ah. Right. Didn't notice that. Sorry :-[
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

Aritz

It is easy to fix:

Select the face you want to be double sided. Select detach and then detach as clone. Select the face again and flip it.

You can do a better job, nicer, if you select the cloned object and flip this instead of the original one, then you will have fliped only the cloned and the original is untouched. Anyway, the effect will be the same.

malny

Quote from: Aritz on June 28, 2013, 12:58:01 PM
It is easy to fix:

Select the face you want to be double sided. Select detach and then detach as clone. Select the face again and flip it.

You can do a better job, nicer, if you select the cloned object and flip this instead of the original one, then you will have fliped only the cloned and the original is untouched. Anyway, the effect will be the same.

thank you, but with this method the textures are equal-sided .... instead of creating a new texture can blend it and get a result like Laconca .... work already done, I am satisfied! ;)

Aritz

Uhm

I dont understand, how did you fix the problem?

What are you meaning with equal sided?

malny

Quote from: Aritz on June 28, 2013, 03:52:24 PM
Uhm

I dont understand, how did you fix the problem?

What are you meaning with equal sided?

Clone/flip/new texture map
for the back of the sponsors I created a new texture turned and less visible,
so they look really on canvas!

Aritz

I didnt tell you which or how put the texture... Only how to fix the two sided texture problem

malny

Quote from: Aritz on June 28, 2013, 04:46:52 PM
I didnt tell you which or how put the texture... Only how to fix the two sided texture problem

;)yes, that method, I knew him because I used to wire fence and trees! I only asked because he seemed to have used the option of 2-faced 3ds,
I think we understand  better in Italian or Spanish ;D heheh