• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:38:15 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

4 cycle engine

Started by Kartracer17, January 20, 2016, 02:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kartracer17

I have never done any sort of modding, but I would like to change that. I have grown to like this game but was wondering if it would be possible to make a 4 cycle engine in the game (Briggs and Stratton Lo206) this is what I race in real life and I would like to make it happen in this sim. What is a good program to start with to make the 3D model also what would be used to put down the specs of the engine? More than willing to learn and help would be greatly appreciated. (I can get pictures of the engine on or off my kart if that would help).
-Nicholas Davis

Kartracer17

Your video helped with the technical side of the engine a lot. Only thing I'm sorta shaky on is the sounds, how could I get 4 stroke sounds into the game. Also if you could recommend a video for 3ds Max that would be much appreciated I poked around on YouTube but couldn't find anything that really made it click as to what to do and how.
-Nicholas Davis

Kartracer17

Hmm might be forced to call it quits then, I've been tinkering around with it I have a general idea but am still no where near where I'd like to be to produce a quality engine model. Might just mess with the specs of the engine to make those right and worry about visuals after. I'd just like to see how an engine without as much tourqe and power would be like in the game and if the racing would be any good or even better.
-Nicholas Davis

Kartracer17

What do you start with, I'm thinking I'm going to start with what you gave in your tutorial, then start with a box and work off that, it doesn't have a raidiator so the pump won't be needed aswell and the exhaust is reletivly short and doesn't mount anywhere onto the kart.
-Nicholas Davis

vancstar.71

Would be great to see you get this going especially now with 4SS growing and I have my son racing in 4SS Junior with the torini, I can get a model for both of the engines I think, let me ask the guy who made them up for rFactor 1 and I am sure he will allow you to use them to convert to Kart Racing PRO

Raise

You'd have better luck trying this on your own, 2 years ago was the last time this guy was active on the forum